cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix Flare Keyboard firmware issue

bigxoguehiopqef
Level 7
Hi!

I have an ASUS ROG Strix Flare Keyboard, unfortunately it's not responding to anything. I saw this forum thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100753-ROG-Strix-Flare-stopped-working-PLEASE-READ-TO-AVOI... Sadly, I realized that this is the same situation I have. I contacted the regional ASUS support via phone, the operator said that I have to contact the reseller regarding the warranty, I received the keyboard as a gift so I don't have an invoice.

If I connect the keyboard to the pc and try to update the firmware with Armoury II it says that no device is found.

So I would like to repair it myself, I saw that there is a ISPSW switch in the back of the pcb. If I press it while inserting the usb cable to the pc windows recognizes it as a removable usb drive named: CRP1 ENABLD witch contains a `firmware.bin`
file, that file is sadly corrupted, I checked it with an hexeditor and that only contains zeros.

If possible, I would like to ask you for a solution or a firmware binary file that I could upload to the keyboard.

Thank You!
0 REPLIES 0