cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix X570-E Black Screen

Caladan
Level 7
Hi,

I have a problem with bios 1403. After I update the BIOS yesterday, my system does not boot (black screen). I always have to remove the CMOS battery and do a CMOS reset. Then the PC starts normally again. After I turned off the PC and start again I have the same problem again. Does anyone still have the problem?

Thanks

Chris

P.S. i have no Problems with Bios Version 1201
9 REPLIES 9

comfuzio13
Level 7
Caladan wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with the bios 1403. After I update the BIOS yesterday, my system does not boot (black screen). I always have to remove the CMOS battery and do a CMOS reset. Then the PC starts normally again. After I turned off the PC and start again I have the same problem again. Does anyone still have the problem?

Thanks

Chris

Q-Code 07?

comfuzio13 wrote:
Q-Code 07?

Q-Code 98 but Q-LED check key components on Board (DRAM, CPU, VGA, Boot) hang on yellow LED (DRAM). When i reset CMOS - i can start Windows without black screen

My TUF X570 had previous infinity clock of 1866 but with this new bios update it gave black screen with it so I had to lower it to 1800 to get my system boot to Windows

comfuzio13 wrote:
Q-Code 07?

I had a q-code 7 which I looked up but have no clue what the explanation means. I was able to boot my system with the 1403 bios a few times. Even able to DOCP my G Skills Trident Z Neo RAM 3600 OC'd to 3733. It booted a couple times fine, but on this last startup it wouldn't boot up the POST screen. I had to flashback the BIOS.

Same problem here - q-code 98 (but does not seem related to USB devices at all): I have a stable (tested by 24hour stress test) overclocks at 1833 and 1866 FCLK. This problem seems to manifest only when leaving the computer turned off for a prolonged time. If I reset CMOS and apply the exact same profile again, it will continue to work perfectly until I turn off the PC for a while...

I also encounter the same problem when I reset CMOS and _immediately_ apply the profile (and save settings). If I save (with, say, DOCP and 1600 FCLK) and apply, go into BIOS again and then apply the OC profile, everything works perfectly... Until I turn off the PC for a while.

This definitely seems like a software/firmware/UEFI/AGESA issue, not hardware instability.

djxpress wrote:
I had a q-code 7 which I looked up but have no clue what the explanation means. I was able to boot my system with the 1403 bios a few times. Even able to DOCP my G Skills Trident Z Neo RAM 3600 OC'd to 3733. It booted a couple times fine, but on this last startup it wouldn't boot up the POST screen. I had to flashback the BIOS.

I get Q-code 07 (on x570-e) when I overclock FCLK too much (my 3900x seems not to be able to do 1900 FCLK at all, no matter the voltage) or undervolt SoC too much.

Can you guys try out the new 1404 Bios from today?

Reous wrote:
Can you guys try out the new 1404 Bios from today?

I did the bios update to 1404 and the system started without blackscreen. I also clocked the DRAM back to 3600. So with me 1404 Bios helped

1404 BIOS boots up for me fine, but for some reason, now I'm having graphical issues, with small pixel areas of discoloration. Also noticed my Aorus Engine only recognizes my Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC as "Card 1" now. G SKills Trident Z Neo 3600 DOCP running at 3733. I'll downclock it tonight and see if it resolves anything.