cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG349Q - Panel Information

Kalorean
Level 7
Hey guys,

since there happen to be no reviews off the monitor I can't seem to find adequate information on the panel used.

Could sb who know share the info (source included) with me or one of the owners check their panel no for me?
Would be much appraciated.

Kalorean
4 REPLIES 4

Kalorean
Level 7
I'd still be very much interested.

No intention to go through countless RMA cases due to a low QC panel.

Zeroed85
Level 8
I've owned it for nearly a year and have had no issues with it. Colors are good and there is almost zero BLB. However I just recently noticed scan lines for the very first time. They appeared briefly at the desktop as 120hz engaged after sitting in the BIOS for a while at 60hz. They appeared to dissipate quite quickly. I will raise this with Asus and hopefully they could provide a firmware fix similar to the PG35VQ.

Kalorean
Level 7
Scanlines appeared with my model also.

Very annoying, was the same on three PG348Q models before. QC sucks on ASUS Monitors.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Only difference between the 348 and 349 is the refresh rate is 20Hz higher on the 349. They are both IPS panels and subject to back light bleed. All IPS panels are. I saw people posting how much better the Predator is but guess what, they use the same LG panel. There are some that are just unacceptable but for the most par unless you crank the brightness to max and stare at a black screen in a pitch dark room its not an issue. I had issues with a 348 and pulled it apart and ran some thick super 33 electrical tape around the front perimeter just where the bezel would cover it and problem solved. I noted before I did that when you push in on the bezel it dissipates. So the electrical tape put more pressure around the edges.

Some websites actually put a disclaimer on all IPS panels as they were tired of getting monitors returned. In the beginning New Egg had a massive stock of open box, im guessing multiple returns over staring at a black screen with the brightness maxed in the dark. Seems no matter the technology they all have their caveats. TN panels dont have backlight bleed but crappy color and bad viewing angles. The newer VA panels will ghost until you mess with the settings enough.