cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 Gaming-f D.O.C.P. issues, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600

drunkencookie
Level 7
Hello,

I've got a problem running the D.O.C.P. settings of my RAM.

When I set the Profile everythin works just fine, no problems occured while running AIDA64 stresstest (about 2 hours). When I shut down my computer and turn it on again it won't boot. The DRAM LED is lit, no picture occures on the monitor, only thing that helps is a CMOS reset. When i restart the computer while running the D.O.C.P. profile everythin is just fine as well, no problems, no DRAM LED, normal booting.

I don't want to use the CMOS reset, everytime I shut down the computer, but I really want to run it with the RAM on 3600Mhz, because I've got a much better performance while gaming.

The D.O.C.P. profile is:
clock: 3597Mhz
latency: 18-22-22-42
voltage: 1,35V

Technical Data on the Corsair website says:
clock 3600Mhz
latency: 18-19-19-39
voltage: 1,35V

My hardware:

Rog Strix X570 Gaming-f
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Mhz 16GB (2x8GB) C18
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Sapphire RX5700XT Pulse
Corsair RM750i

When everything is set to Auto the RAM runs on 2666Mhz with 1,2V and I've got no problem while booting (except I had to activate CSM, otherwise I can't boot from any device connected and get stuck in the UEFI?!).

My MoBo has BIOS version 0807 and I already thought about updating it, but I read a lot about problems with BIOS updates on X570 boards.
Also had one myself with a MSI X570 Pro Carbon Gaming. After the BIOS Update nothing booted either and the CPU controll LED was lit, flashing to the old BIOS version with the BIOS flashback button didn't worked as well. Because of this I'm a little bit uncertain regarding a BIOS update.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Would it help to set the clock and latency manually (propably like given from Corsair)? I've never overclocked RAM myself, always just loaded D.O.C.P. / XMP profiles, is there anything else besides setting lateny, clock and voltage I have to do?

Many thanks in advance! 🙂

Drunkencookie
3 REPLIES 3

fred_
Level 7
Hi, I am having the same kind of issue with a B550 TUF Gaming MB
no problem at all if I don't use the DOCP setting to change my corsair LXP memory settings to 3600 MHz
if I use DOPC my system is having sometime some unattended hard restart like a power failure. I think Mainly when the system is idle.
Contacted the ASUS support about that but with no help at all for the moment.
I am now testing the last bios (1804) released few days ago.

fred_ wrote:
Hi, I am having the same kind of issue with a B550 TUF Gaming MB
no problem at all if I don't use the DOCP setting to change my corsair LXP memory settings to 3600 MHz
if I use DOPC my system is having sometime some unattended hard restart like a power failure. I think Mainly when the system is idle.
Contacted the ASUS support about that but with no help at all for the moment.
I am now testing the last bios (1804) released few days ago.

Hello,

It depends what is contained in the XMP profile by the memory vendor. Set the voltage, timings and frequency manually and see if the issue persists. Tuning of the VSOC rail is often needed depending on the CPU sample.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

It depends what is contained in the XMP profile by the memory vendor. Set the voltage, timings and frequency manually and see if the issue persists. Tuning of the VSOC rail is often needed depending on the CPU sample.

Hi,
I ve updated the BIOS to the Version 1804 than 1 month ago and since I don't have any more issue.
So I guess it was more related to the BIOS.
Thanks