cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Will Restart Instead of Shutting Down Occasionally

Fudien
Level 7
I upgraded my motherboard from a Maximus VIII Hero Alpha with an i7-6700K to a Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi with an i9-9900K (both brand new) about two weeks ago. Ever since then, when I shutdown from Windows, the PC will restart instead of shutdown. It happens occasionally and I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why this is occurring and it never happened until I made my hardware changes. I am able to overclock my PC without issues and it is very stable and there are no temp issues (problem occurs with or without overclock). I don't get any freezes or errors while using it. I am not sure what else to try or what else it may be as it would seem very odd that it is a hardware issue since everything else works great the rest of the time. I have done the following:

Reset Windows (Tried Keeping My Files the first time and then tried Remove Everything)
Ensured all drivers, bios, and Windows are up-to-date
Changed Windows registry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon PowerdownAfterShutdown Value from 0 to 1
Disabled Fast Start-Up in Windows
Disabled Hibernate
Enabled/Disable ErP S4+S5 settings in Bios (neither made a difference)
Ran Malware/Virus Scans
Ran WhoCrashed and there is nothing reporting back to indicate a problem
Device Manager looks good (no errors or warnings)
Replaced previously Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi with a new Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi (replaced through Amazon)
Refreshed Windows

PC Specs:
Motherboard: Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
Processor: i9-9900K
Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x8 3200Mhz
Video Card EVGA 1080ti FTW3
SSD #1: Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x8 3200Mhz
SSD #2: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
SSD #3: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 850 G2, 80+ Gold 850W
Case: Obsidian 500d SE RGB