cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Hero GPU Connector Doesn't Fit

rikati
Level 7
Hi all. This is my first build, so please bear with me. I've finally gotten everything wired into the motherboard with the exception of the GPU. I purchased a Corsair RM750x power supply which comes with two 8+8 CPU cables and two 8 + 6+2 PCI-E cables.

Unfortunately, there are no 4 pin cables that will fit into the 4 pin GPU slot. Do I have to purchase another cable? It doesn't seem like any of the other major power supplies come with 4+4 pin cables either (EVGA SuperNova, for example). There's no way to connect 4 of the 6+2 pins into the slot due to the incredibly tight space between the shield and the CPU pins.

Am I just making a stupid rookie mistake, or is this some kind of brand incompatibility that I'm just unaware of? Thanks for any suggestions.

Here are some pictures:

3 REPLIES 3

pndiode
Level 11
One end of the 8+8 CPU cable splits to make a 4 pin connector that will fit that connector. Since you have two 8+8 CPU cable, use the other CPU cable. The cable you have in the picture is a PCIe cable. Do not use a PCIe cable for the EATX 12V connector. The cables should have "CPU" and "PCIe" printed on the side of the connector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUsG8C4Ew8k

pndiode wrote:
One end of the 8+8 CPU cable splits to make a 4 pin connector that will fit that connector. Since you have two 8+8 CPU cable, use the other CPU cable. The cable you have in the picture is a PCIe cable. Do not use a PCIe cable for the EATX 12V connector. The cables should have "CPU" and "PCIe" printed on the side of the connector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUsG8C4Ew8k

It split apart! I feel like such an idiot. I seriously spent a good two hours trying to figure out why there are no 4 pin connectors for sale on Newegg, all the while cursing Corsair under my breath for not not providing what seemed to be such a basic cable.

Sometimes dumb is your worse adversary. Thanks so much for your help!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
the cable need to say EPS or CPU on the plug. not GPU.
Learn, Play Enjoy!