cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scar III G531GW keystone doesn't switch profile?

G0ld3nDr4g0n
Level 7
So I purchased this laptop a week ago, and everything is working fine except for the keystone, which does not work as how i think it was intended to. When I first plugged in my keystone, I did the setup exactly as the manual said, and the first thing that I noticed that was not quite right was the keystone profile saying "Keystone 02", when I only have one keystone. After the initial setup was complete, I tried using the keystone to activate the keystone profile, but nothing changed when the keystone was plugged in! None of the lighting switches, or system configurations such as the fan settings. Tried resetting the PC, but the problem still persists. The only thing that works with my keystone is the fact that it unlocks the Shadow Drive. Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7

DarkHorus
Level 7
I have the same problem, try unpair and pair again not work.
Also my keystone profile disappeared and when i connect it doesn't appear
I have an asus rog strix scar iii g731gw.
Anyone find a fix to this problem?

I don't think there has been posted a solution to this problem. I can only suggest you return the laptop for repair or replacement.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

DarkHorus wrote:
I have the same problem, try unpair and pair again not work.
Also my keystone profile disappeared and when i connect it doesn't appear
I have an asus rog strix scar iii g731gw.
Anyone find a fix to this problem?

Is there anyone find the solution. I have the same model ROG G731GW Bios V307
When I instert keystone I can reach the shadow drive but I can't see the keystone in the profile menu :S

I have the same problem here. Shadow drive works but the scenario profiles don't.

It's probably a bug that will be fixed with the next armoury crate update.

It's typical ROG, I love their products so much but their software is pure garbage they really have to work on that.

Actually I was disappointed with this model (I bought it 2 weeks ago). I have many problems with drivers and dead pixel on my monitor but ASUS said that it could be happen and they couldn't help for that.

Configiration, performance ... everything is perfect exept brand quality. :mad:

Joanne1
Level 9
Hi,

Thank you for letting us know your problem on the ROG Keystone.

Please allow us to clarify that, in fact, Keystone’s original design does not have auto-switch-profile function that links with the scenario profile. Our original idea was to allow user to create an extra Keystone profile selection when Keystone is plugged-in. However, we found this is quite easy to confuse and bring inconvenience to our Keystone user.

Based on this circumstance, we have decided to remove this confused relationship between Keystone and scenario profile on Armoury Crate, starting with v2.6.4 version.

If you have previously created a scenario profile with Keystone (before v2.6.4), then it is normal to see that profile existed on your Armoury Crate. On the other hand, if you never create a profile with Keystone before, you will not see any Keystone profile on your v2.6.4 Armoury Crate.

Scenario Profile is one of the individual features on Armoury Crate, user may still enjoy this feature without using Keystone.

Joanne@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for letting us know your problem on the ROG Keystone.

Please allow us to clarify that, in fact, Keystone’s original design does not have auto-switch-profile function that links with the scenario profile. Our original idea was to allow user to create an extra Keystone profile selection when Keystone is plugged-in. However, we found this is quite easy to confuse and bring inconvenience to our Keystone user.

Based on this circumstance, we have decided to remove this confused relationship between Keystone and scenario profile on Armoury Crate, starting with v2.6.4 version.

If you have previously created a scenario profile with Keystone (before v2.6.4), then it is normal to see that profile existed on your Armoury Crate. On the other hand, if you never create a profile with Keystone before, you will not see any Keystone profile on your v2.6.4 Armoury Crate.

Scenario Profile is one of the individual features on Armoury Crate, user may still enjoy this feature without using Keystone.

Thank you for the clarification. So what can we do with keystone? Only switch on/off shadow drive?:D