cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Flare Keyboard firmware issue.

bigxoguehiopqef
Level 7
Hi!

I have an ASUS ROG Strix Flare Keyboard, unfortunately it's not responding to anything. I saw this forum thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-READ-TO-AVOID Sadly, I realized that this is the same situation I have. I contacted the regional ASUS support via phone, the operator said that I have to contact the reseller regarding the warranty, I received the keyboard as a gift so I don't have an invoice.

If I connect the keyboard to the pc and try to update the firmware with Armoury II it says that no device is found.

So I would like to repair it myself, I saw that there is a ISPSW switch in the back of the pcb. If I press it while inserting the usb cable to the pc windows recognizes it as a removable usb drive named: CRP1 ENABLD witch contains a `firmware.bin`
file, that file is sadly corrupted, I checked it with an hexeditor and that only contains zeros.

If possible, I would like to ask you for a solution or a firmware binary file that I could upload to the keyboard.

Thank You!
8 REPLIES 8

thanasis_
Level 7
I have the same issue if anyone has it plz sent it !!

xeromist
***thread moved. Must have existing RMA to post in service inquiries***
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Since you've already gone this far..... Generally this is not advised due to warranty.
Replace the firmware.bin file with the file I've sent to you via PM. Please check your inbox.

bigxoguehiopqef wrote:
Hi!

I have an ASUS ROG Strix Flare Keyboard, unfortunately it's not responding to anything. I saw this forum thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-READ-TO-AVOID Sadly, I realized that this is the same situation I have. I contacted the regional ASUS support via phone, the operator said that I have to contact the reseller regarding the warranty, I received the keyboard as a gift so I don't have an invoice.

If I connect the keyboard to the pc and try to update the firmware with Armoury II it says that no device is found.

So I would like to repair it myself, I saw that there is a ISPSW switch in the back of the pcb. If I press it while inserting the usb cable to the pc windows recognizes it as a removable usb drive named: CRP1 ENABLD witch contains a `firmware.bin`
file, that file is sadly corrupted, I checked it with an hexeditor and that only contains zeros.

If possible, I would like to ask you for a solution or a firmware binary file that I could upload to the keyboard.

Thank You!

Hi, I have the same problem. Could you send me a download link for the firmware please?
Thanks.

i am also facing the same problem

HoneyMates57 wrote:
i am also f****g the same problem

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Since you've already gone this far..... Generally this is not advised due to warranty.
Replace the firmware.bin file with the file I've sent to you via PM. Please check your inbox.

piznn
Level 7

My ROG STRIX FLARE also has a corrupted firmware and does not work. Can someone please give me the firmware?