New ROGer Array

Strix Flare Keyboard firmware issue.

Hi!

I have an ASUS ROG Strix Flare Keyboard, unfortunately it's not responding to anything. I saw this forum thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-READ-TO-AVOID Sadly, I realized that this is the same situation I have. I contacted the regional ASUS support via phone, the operator said that I have to contact the reseller regarding the warranty, I received the keyboard as a gift so I don't have an invoice.

If I connect the keyboard to the pc and try to update the firmware with Armoury II it says that no device is found.

So I would like to repair it myself, I saw that there is a ISPSW switch in the back of the pcb. If I press it while inserting the usb cable to the pc windows recognizes it as a removable usb drive named: CRP1 ENABLD witch contains a `firmware.bin`
    file, that file is sadly corrupted, I checked it with an hexeditor and that only contains zeros.

If possible, I would like to ask you for a solution or a firmware binary file that I could upload to the keyboard.

Thank You!

New ROGer Array thanasis_ PC Specs
    thanasis_ PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STIX Z370 Gaming - F
    Processori7 8700K @ 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)F4-3866C18D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX RTX 2080 OC
    MonitorLG 32GK850G-B
    Storage #1Samsung 750 EVO
    CPU CoolerCryorig A40
    CaseAerocool Aero 800
    Power SupplyCorsair RM800i
    Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad CoolerMaster Masteraccessory MP750 XL
    OS Windows 10

I have the same issue if anyone has it plz sent it !!

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

***thread moved. Must have existing RMA to post in service inquiries***
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Strix Flare FW Fix

Since you've already gone this far..... Generally this is not advised due to warranty.
    Replace the firmware.bin file with the file I've sent to you via PM. Please check your inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by bigxoguehiopqef View Post
    Hi!

I have an ASUS ROG Strix Flare Keyboard, unfortunately it's not responding to anything. I saw this forum thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-READ-TO-AVOID Sadly, I realized that this is the same situation I have. I contacted the regional ASUS support via phone, the operator said that I have to contact the reseller regarding the warranty, I received the keyboard as a gift so I don't have an invoice.

If I connect the keyboard to the pc and try to update the firmware with Armoury II it says that no device is found.

So I would like to repair it myself, I saw that there is a ISPSW switch in the back of the pcb. If I press it while inserting the usb cable to the pc windows recognizes it as a removable usb drive named: CRP1 ENABLD witch contains a `firmware.bin`
    file, that file is sadly corrupted, I checked it with an hexeditor and that only contains zeros.

If possible, I would like to ask you for a solution or a firmware binary file that I could upload to the keyboard.

Thank You!
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 04-24-2020 at 03:20 AM.