cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM lighting to turn off when PC sleeps ???

Lincoln87
Level 7
Quick specs

Asus ROG Strix B450i board
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gskill Neo RGB 16gb
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080

Ok, so if I shut off my PC all lights turn off.
If I put my computer to sleep, or it goes into sleep mode/hibernate/snooze whatever.. all lights, except RAM, will turn off.

Have set in Aura Sync to OFF at Shutdown - "When selected, the motherboard LEDs will not light up in sleep, hibernate, and soft off states"
*I will say, that in this setting... if I change "sync at shutdown" to say a different colour, the mobo lights will change, the GPU will turn off, and the RAM will stay the regular colour (the regular "on" setting)

Have set in BIOS that ERP S4+S5 happening, along with another setting I found in BIOS to have lights turn off in sleep, hibernate, and soft off states...

Just real flat out annoying that only the RAM won't turn off.

Its an issue as I generally watch Netflix on my computer till I fall asleep.. then after awhile netflix finishes up and my computer goes to sleep.. and my whole room is still lit up by the rams lights.

I've played around endlessly in BIOS and AuraSync, and googled around to no avail. (Usual answers relate to mobo lights, but not ram.. unless I'm blind)
3 REPLIES 3

Lincoln87
Level 7
Yeah nah?

mdzcpa
Level 12
Your not going to find an easy answer. The issue is that with sleep your memory must stay powered to hold the system info values for wake. When the ram is powered the lights are on. You have 3 choices.

1) Use Hibernate and not Sleep. Stores data on drive not RAM. RAM is powered down
2) create a solid off color for your ram and set that before sleeping (yes, not a good fix)
3) Set your system to shutdown

Same issue happen in X570-E motherboard.
Feel the same pain... I should have bought a RAM without RGM light.