cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean my G703 GI?

mrjimp
Level 7
Aight So I've had my G703Gi over a year, and its starting to get abit noisy. I'm thinking that there might some dust in it, even though its supposed to have a self cleaning system.

I've been running it on extreme mode with balanced setting, but now it gets VERY warm when playing high end games. Checking the temperature both GPU and CPU are at around 90-93 degress celsius.

First off: IS this normal? Because it makes me worried....

Second: Is there any good way of cleaning out dust from the coolers if there are any?

I'd like to keep it in shape for another year or three.

Regards /Jimmi
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well in a year time you could have packed dust in there, really all we can do is blow it out with air pressure canned air. I do this quite often so I'm pretty sure i'm not clogged up or retaining much dust at this point you may need to open it up to clean it. You temps are high end normal for intense gaming 15c or 20c less would be great.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

So just spray canned air into the air intakes?

Or reverse into the air outlets?

Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it!

/Jimmi

mrjimp wrote:
So just spray canned air into the air intakes?

Or reverse into the air outlets?

Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it!

/Jimmi

I blow mine from every direction I can including removing the access plate in mine. canned air is pretty safe just keep the can upright so you don't squirt liquid into your notebook. If you have access to compressed air turn the pressure down to about 30 PSI
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro