cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just how amny apps does Armoury Crate install

XYchromosone
Level 10
After installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro X64 Armoury Crate installer popped it's head up. I decided to install it, however I noticed there are many other apps that AC seemed to have installed, most of which are RGB related. See screenshot of the apps in a program I used to uninstall programs UninstallView from Nirsoft. If you note that I have uninstalled AC which is why it's not included in the uninstaller. However, all these other apps have remained, so I guess one has to uninstall each one by hand. Am I correct with this assumption or am I missing something?

8 REPLIES 8

katlani
Level 9
Possibly.. as ASUS AURA latest version also installs a lot of memory brands related toolkits in order to properly support them.

katlani wrote:
Possibly.. as ASUS AURA latest version also installs a lot of memory brands related toolkits in order to properly support them.

Thanks. The thing is i don't recall installing AURA via Armory Crate or as standalone app??? There was indeed a lot of installations happening very close to each other as I installed AC. However, I made sure that I chose what drivers and utilities got installed. Things are not what they seem in this case, but as before I must have missed something. you are correct though, it's the good ol "hit it with a hammer and install everything" approach to install so many different app-brands of hardware.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
armory crate is a put all in 1

the crate use 4 that talks. and each part of the computer, Board, periferal etc, use HTML, HALL, AURAKIT and SDK. (is the same as before but instead of aura, armoryii etc use the same but instead of 2 auras now is in 1) then all those apps, the crate put together a XML files that send to aura to reprogam a rom that send the data to each part.

the same works on ASUS laptops.

the rest is part of the crate, that before was 2 instances of each now is 1.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
armory crate is a put all in 1

the crate use 4 that talks. and each part of the computer, Board, periferal etc, use HTML, HALL, AURAKIT and SDK. (is the same as before but instead of aura, armoryii etc use the same but instead of 2 auras now is in 1) then all those apps, the crate put together a XML files that send to aura to reprogam a rom that send the data to each part.
the same works on ASUS laptops.
the rest is part of the crate, that before was 2 instances of each now is 1.

I now understand. The app i use, uninstallview indeed shows 2 instances of many of the same app, but only one of those instances is uninstallable. So when you uninstall the correct one [of the 2], both instances get uninstalled. I have uninstalled all the apps since my OP and everything i need works without a problem. My system is a bit more faster, more responsive.

KILLER_K
Level 10
Armoury Crate is enabled in the BIOS by default. When you run a fresh OS install and boot into windows the BIOS tells it to be installed. I now have mine turned off by default.

BIOS Location TOOL MENU:
ASUS Armoury CrateThis item allows you to enable or disable the system to download ASUS Armoury Crate. Download & Install ARMOURY CRATE app. This item allows you to enable Armoury Crate download Process.Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

KILLER_K wrote:
Armoury Crate is enabled in the BIOS by default. When you run a fresh OS install and boot into windows the BIOS tells it to be installed. I now have mine turned off by default.

BIOS Location TOOL MENU:
ASUS Armoury CrateThis item allows you to enable or disable the system to download ASUS Armoury Crate. Download & Install ARMOURY CRATE app. This item allows you to enable Armoury Crate download Process.Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

I had a hunch [on my back lol] telling me that AC was in the BIOS, thanks for giving me such a clear precise explanation.

XYchromosone wrote:
I had a hunch [on my back lol] telling me that AC was in the BIOS, thanks for giving me such a clear precise explanation.

most welcome. Is a complex program. Yes it has some issues. Some are windows related. even that the app programs and files are sign and approve. Since ALL armory crate is push 2 ways. 90% from the MS store. and 10 % from the server. 1 file use both. RogLiveUpdateService. and that is RogLiveService. That file is merge with Fileoperator.exe. That file is sign verified and approve by MS. that files is not loading.

There some hacks. like install uninstall, load the libs vc etc. etc. etc. etc. 99% works. Since 1. if you see updates and not installing and run these again the updates are all ready download. (cant tell you where are store, since i do not know where sorry) that is the key.

There is also....legacy products. And also. sound drivers and nvidia drivers. all those are need to take consideration. In my computer in order to take a lot from the equation, i have all asus products. even get a so so monitor that is on debug or demo mode, just to test all these functions. No led rams SORRY even me has limitations.

As soon somethink in my test machines start to fail lights blinks on some way. that is event viewer, is a file calles FileOperator.exe and is tied to .... RogLiveUpdateService. and that is RogLiveService. the app has the last c++2015 (i think need 2019) and has the last 140vlibs that are the current one that core is made. So .... in the end is a windows issue and windows IS NOT loading that app.

A couple of day i have cheeking every since solution with the help of my friend Raulito. 99% is reading these. and some solutions works on some, like his machine, but not in mine. Mine need more aggressive hands that for now I am 100% is a windows issue.

Since the way is UEFI and need to be approve, the best way to deliver these is 1 MS store or maybe prepare something, that i have ask (not think possible since i do not work there... BTW, is to prepare a external installation package and add a 2019 c++ instead of 2015 package to be in par with the windows.

Is hard work, need to rewrite some of the code and these full 64bits, that is what MS is pushing hard.

most 6yeard old machines uses 64bits. I am talking rubbish... maybe. but all of know that is needed. windows is all ready up there and most of our apps runs on 32.

the programs that as almost NOT issues are 64bits base. I think is time to jump Asus is not the only manufacture that has issues with light systems. and when someone tell you is ok. IS NOT. We need to wait. I know 1909 has NO changes on most issues that windows hast since the start 1903 and last patch in may and octuber.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

XYchromosone
Level 10
THANKS for your in depth clarification MrAgapiGC