cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503 VM Drop FPS problem,save my son

cey8923
Level 7
I bought ROG strix 2 GL503 VM, it always drop FPS when i play games and it is very serious. I have been checked it in the service center but they found nothing. GPU is functions well:
1. I have never saw my CPU reach 80% of usage. The highest is 60%
2. My GPU is GTX 1060 6GB, it seems like is GTX660 NVIDIA

Please help on how to solve or stop dropping FPS on my laptop
18 REPLIES 18

cey8923
Level 7
I bought ROG strix 2 GL503 VM, it always drop FPS when i play games and it is very serious. I have been checked it in the service center but they found nothing. GPU is functions well:
2. GPU 1060 6GB, it seems like is 660 NVIDIA

There is usually one cause of your problem. Your computer is throttling (slowing itself down) as a computer health/safety mechanism because your components, such as your cpu and/or gpu are heating up too much. Are your vents clear of dust? If so, you can always lower your computer and/or in-game performance settings. In my case the chief way to do that is to limit the FPS to at or below your screen refresh rate (in my case I limit FPS to 30 or 40 most of the time). There are a host of other potential settings you can adjust, such as your Windows power settings and things like V-sync, etc.

Super Gnome wrote:
There is usually one cause of your problem. Your computer is throttling (slowing itself down) as a computer health/safety mechanism because your components, such as your cpu and/or gpu are heating up too much. Are your vents clear of dust? If so, you can always lower your computer and/or in-game performance settings. In my case the chief way to do that is to limit the FPS to at or below your screen refresh rate (in my case I limit FPS to 30 or 40 most of the time). There are a host of other potential settings you can adjust, such as your Windows power settings and things like V-sync, etc.

What in my mind now is most probably is the fan problem. I will go check it again the fan and heat dissipation in the service center
But i saw the two fans is joint with the heat dissipation board. It is not easy to get a new one right?

chumacher
Level 7
cey8923 wrote:
2. My GPU is GTX 1060 6GB, it seems like is GTX660 NVIDIA

install msi afterburner or some other software and provide us information how high your temps are while playing. it seems your machine is temp throttling.

chumacher wrote:
install msi afterburner or some other software and provide us information how high your temps are while playing. it seems your machine is temp throttling.

8297882979 this is a test for FurMark ROG Edition x64 but so 2 min FPS killed already

cey8923 wrote:
8297882979 this is a test for FurMark ROG Edition x64 but so 2 min FPS killed already

you are using VERY OLD driver.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/geforce-441-20-whql-driver-download,4.html

chumacher wrote:
you are using VERY OLD driver.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/geforce-441-20-whql-driver-download,4.html

8301683017Even if I have updated the driver, I got the same test results.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
The GPU isn't overheating, but what about the CPU?

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
The GPU isn't overheating, but what about the CPU?

8302283023 The cpu is overheating, when i play game(Assassin's Creed Origins), for MSI Afterburner.