cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 chipset fan died today

_GIR_
Level 7
Asus X570 Impact DTX.

26 days of ownership. *It tries to spin but makes a quiet chirp, almost like a brief coil whine. *

*My pch fan was always fairly busy and loud but suddenly went silent in between YouTube videos.*

I have reset the pc multiple times, reset the bios, flashed the bios, lightly spun the fan..all appears physically normal.*

* *UEFI Version: 1003 abba and 1004b
CPU: 3900x
Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: 32gb*F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN
**GPU: Evga 1080ti kingpin
SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung pro nvme 512x2 in raid 0
* PSU: Corsair diff
USB Devices (model/version number): Logitech gaming mouse and keyboard
Monitor: dell 27” 4K
CPU Cooler: asus ryujin 280 *
PC CASE: M1 sff
*Operating system: win10 pro*
Microsoft Activated yes/no? Yes
Drivers Installed (include version): all latest from asus webpage
Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: aisuite. *Evga precision x1
System Overclocked (provide details)? *Ram at 3733 1T

Not sure why the asterisk keeps appearing in my post. *On mobile...probably an autocomplete issue.*
7 REPLIES 7

RedSector73
Level 12
You mention driver from asus website, try the latest chipset drivers (which should be preferred)
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

I guess it's both fans (vrm one as well) or just the one effected ?
The fans don't appear like the ones used on other boards either.

If not working as intended, the it would RMA issue I would guess ?

Aaargh! That's exactly why I didn't want to buy one of these existing X570 designs. I hope it doesn't happen with my Crosshair VIII Hero. Are you planning to return the board, RMA it, or try to find a 3rd party fix?

ationfictons wrote:
Aaargh! That's exactly why I didn't want to buy one of these existing X570 designs. I hope it doesn't happen with my Crosshair VIII Hero. Are you planning to return the board, RMA it, or try to find a 3rd party fix?

I know! Lots of people said the same thing when x570 was first revealed. I doubt I'm the first but certainly won't be the last. Maybe they should include a spare fan (or instead a good heatsink/pipe design, I'll pay the extra 20$ for the metal)?

I'll return/exchange. It's still "new" enough to be within the 30 day window.

ationfictons wrote:

Your CH8 has fan design nothing like this motherboard, it's more like what you see on notebook or laptop. Anything has the possibility to fail during warranty and this is why you have them, you can argue one more point of failure on x570 or accept it's 15w peak part, that has a fan.

The x570 chipset has its own substrate, measures temperatures come from diode temperature and I suspect will take least 100 degrees to see throttling or higher to see a shutdown. Asus have confirmed anything 80 or lower is fine & that 90 or higher isn't ideal.

RMA the board OP, Asus will most likely fix it or give a new shinny one.

RedSector73 wrote:
You mention driver from asus website, try the latest chipset drivers (which should be preferred)
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

I guess it's both fans (vrm one as well) or just the one effected ?
The fans don't appear like the ones used on other boards either.

If not working as intended, the it would RMA issue I would guess ?

You are correct and I did fail to mention that I installed the AMD chipset and RAID drivers from the AMD website.

VRM fan is working normally. In fact it has it's own independent control. But...

ASUS NEEDS TO GIVE US CONTROL OF THE PCH FAN! Why does my Asrock x570 have a bios setting for it but not my CH8 Impact?

SCANNERMAN
Level 7
This is precisely what I contacted ASUS about, exactly what I feared might happen, why I kept emailing the CEO dept. and now it begins. They laid my fears to rest with reassurances that the fan was warrantied for 7 years etc. etc. but they don't take down time and grief into consideration, not to mention other components could suffer as a result of fan failure. Too late for me. I just bought the board and it will be here Monday. I hope it works. I hope it lasts. For shame, ASUS. For shame.

SCANNERMAN wrote:
This is precisely what I contacted ASUS about, exactly what I feared might happen, why I kept emailing the CEO dept. and now it begins. They laid my fears to rest with reassurances that the fan was warrantied for 7 years etc. etc. but they don't take down time and grief into consideration, not to mention other components could suffer as a result of fan failure. Too late for me. I just bought the board and it will be here Monday. I hope it works. I hope it lasts. For shame, ASUS. For shame.

Dude try reading, the CH8 (which is what you mention you bought in another post) has x570 fan chipset is nothing like OP x570 chipset which he has issue with. Anyway that is what warranty is for and if you have decent consumer laws than your bother in $ is covered by Asus as well.