cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - Can't install Asus Wireless Radio Control

Alexraptor
Level 7
So I'm having trouble getting the FN+F2 hotkey to work to toggle on and off my WLAN.
I have only managed to get the Bluetooth toggle to work, but the WLAN won't toggle at all.

If I have understood correctly the solution to this is to install Asus Wireless Radio Control, only I cannot get it to install.
I have tried both old Win8 versions certified for the G75VW as well as the very latest driver package, and every time I try to run the installation program, PNPINST64.exe and click "Yes" to install the driver, I am met with an Error Message that simply reads "ASUS Wireless Radio Control", and nothing more happens.

Does anyone know a way around this problem?
8 REPLIES 8

jdfrench3
Level 12
I think what you should be installing is called Wireless Console 3.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1031926/

You can install it using your Driver CD that came with your laptop when new. Run the ASUS Installation Wizard to install programs.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Alexraptor
Level 7
Thanks, but Wireless Console 3 while it works is meant for Windows 7.
For Windows 8 and onward Asus Wireless Radio Control is meant to be used, and Wireless Console 3 overrides the ATK Package function and UI.

Brought out my daughter's Windows 10 G75VW. She has the ASUS ATK Package 1.0.0061 installed and NO Wireless Console 3. When fn+F2 buttons are used, access to Airplane Mode is toggled On/Off. When wanting to switch between Ethernet and wireless, the Network Access button is used (left click). See attachment.

My Windows 10 ASUS G1S however has the ATK Package 1.00.008 and activates Wireless Console 3 when using the fn+F2 buttons. Networks are toggled between Wired/Wireless and Off, the Bluetooth is toggled On/Off.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Alexraptor
Level 7
Out of curiosity what WLAN drivers are you running on your daughters system?

Her G75VW has an Intel AC7260 WiFi adapter using driver version 18.33.17.1 dated 4/29/2019.
Homebuilt Windows Server

I had no problem installing the ASUS Wireless Radio Control driver version 1.0.0.12 dated 8/7/2019 on my daughter's G75VW.

Using the fn+F2 buttons yielded no change from without the Wireless Radio Control driver. It simply toggles Airplane Mode On/Off.

The Wireless Radio Control does not show up in Programs and Features but does show up in Device Manager.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Alexraptor
Level 7
Very odd. I'm using ATK Package 1.0.0061 and the Fn+F2 has no effect on airplane mode at all on my system.
My system also seems to have a Qualcomm Atheros WiFi adapter instead of an intel.

The Intel AC7260 is the perfect replacement. I have had two G75VWs, both WiFi cards have been replaced. The AC7260 works better than the original.

Does your Notifications Icon (bottom right icon - left click) show Airplane Mode Notification? Can you toggle Airplane Mode there?

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server