cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C7H Wifi Not Posting Q-Code 02: 3900X + 2080 TI

xProlific
Level 7
As of last night my system is no longer posting. After a gaming session playing Modern Warfare last night I closed out the game and I noticed the windows 10 background looked smeared or just being slightly off. Thinking the issue may have been the overclock on my graphics card, I restarted my system hoping that would resolve the issue but have been unable to get my computer to post since.

I was running my system with memory overclocked to 3600MHz and I had just installed Bios 2901 24hrs prior. I also noted that while it was working in those 24hr that I was getting a dual boot issue that I had not been experiencing on Bios 2801.

So far I tried:
-Clearing CMOS
-Re-Flashing Bios 2901 using Bios Flashback
-Flicking the Switch on My Graphics Card to non-OC Mode

Update: I tried booting my computer with no graphics card in my system and I still get q-code 02. I have also tried installing my graphics card on a different system and the graphics card works. Also I occasionally get q-code b2 when trying to boot with my graphics card.

My System:
3900X
2080TI FTW3
EVGA Supernova 1000
5 REPLIES 5

Lothos
Level 7
xProlific wrote:
As of last night my system is no longer posting. After a gaming session playing Modern Warfare last night I closed out the game and I noticed the windows 10 background looked smeared or just being slightly off. Thinking the issue may have been the overclock on my graphics card, I restarted my system hoping that would resolve the issue but have been unable to get my computer to post since.

I was running my system with memory overclocked to 3600MHz and I had just installed Bios 2901 24hrs prior. I also noted that while it was working in those 24hr that I was getting a dual boot issue that I had not been experiencing on Bios 2801.

So far I tried:
-Clearing CMOS
-Re-Flashing Bios 2901 using Bios Flashback
-Flicking Switching My Graphics Card to non-OC Mode

My System:
3900X
2080TI FTW3
EVGA Supernova 1000

Have you tried replacing the graphics card?

I had an issue with a GTX 970 for a while and was not posting at all but if I moved the card to another board it would post. What I discovered was the graphics card had problems and would never go over x8 mode and for some reason under the new chipsets (x470) it would not work at all but putting it on an older board (AM3) it would then work but only in x8 mode.

Just a suggestion because you mentioned the graphics card being overclocked and the screen being distorted.

Update: I tried booting my computer with no graphics card in my system and I still get q-code 02. I have also tried installing my graphics card on a different system and the graphics card works. Also I occasionally get q-code b2 when trying to boot with my graphics card.

gupsterg
Level 13
Below the Q-Code display are Q-LEDs, which one is stuck on?

I have also noted a LED not explained in manual, to the right of it on the motherboard it has "CPU_STATUS" marked, I believe when a faulty CPU is detected it comes on.

Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

It is getting stuck on the Boot LED.

xProlific wrote:
It is getting stuck on the Boot LED.
Tried HDMI into my monitor and that worked. tried a new display port cable and that did not work. Tried unplugging my monitor from the power supply for 30 seconds then rebooting and that solved the issue. *Problem Resolved.*