cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Apex Questions

TheBoatswain
Level 7
I will probably have to clean up my profile but please let me ask a few questions.
First I have i9 7900X with an EK waterblock and a 360 Rad with push and pull fans dedicated to the CPU, Another 360 Push n Pull fans for my two water cooled RTX 280 Ultras and the VRM water block, Gskill 3600 32gigs mem, 2 Samsung 960,970 m.2 drives and 3 ssd’s .
1. I have both my M.2 SSDs on the PCH side, I know I have 42 lanes but I wasn’t sure if they would effect my 16X16 on my video cards.
2. I installed 1m.2 on the CPU side but you can see raid but not the drive but on the PCH side both drives visible on the advance tab.
Any help would be highly appreciated.*
Asus Rampage VI Apex, Intel X9 7900X, Gskill 3600, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SLI, 4 SSD, 1 M.2 SSD
4 REPLIES 4

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
CPU side is os dimm
PCH side with two populated are the raid side I'd assume
Raid would only show up with dimm.2 with 2 m.2's on it seeing it takes at least two to raid.

No pci-e is not effected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheBoatswain
Level 7
That is what I thought, but I had one M.2 drive on the CPU side and no matter what I assigned it as (PCIE SSD X4 card, Hyper M.2 X 16 VROC,*Hyper M.2 X 16 data, CPU_Dimm.2) under Advance \CPU Storage Configurations, PCIEX8_4 and CPU_dimm.2 it would com up as a Raid drive and the one in the PCH slot would populate as M.2SSD. When I got my first Apex board the drive going in on the CPU side would show up at the bottom of the advance page letting you know it was set up correctly but this replacement board doesn’t. The drives work on both sides you just can’t see them in the Bios.
Asus Rampage VI Apex, Intel X9 7900X, Gskill 3600, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SLI, 4 SSD, 1 M.2 SSD

TheBoatswain
Level 7
If I put the M.2 SSD’s in the CPU Slot, what mode do I select in the drop down menu*(PCIE SSD X4 card, Hyper M.2 X 16 VROC,*Hyper M.2 X 16 data, CPU_Dimm.2) under Advance \CPU Storage Configurations, PCIEX8_4 and CPU_dimm.2 ?

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
I don't know
Doubt it's this mode
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboard-Accessories/HYPER-M-2-X16-CARD/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]