cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD on AWAKE from Sleep

Slazernomad
Level 7
I bought a new Scar 3 G531GW , updated bios, all drivers and soft, windows. Then I even installed clean windows and all soft again but issue still happen.

driver verifier dma violation

On awake after sleep laptop 8 of 10 times shows BSOD. Also I noticed that if I deny usb selective suspend in power settings, then awake is ok. But in this case battery discharge in 1.5-2 h. And even in silent mode fan never stops. But if I allow to turn off power for usb devices, then laptop works for 6 hours on battery and in silent mode most of time fan can't be heared . Also It fails to create a dump and in a logs I can see only about unexpected power switch off.
Is there a way to fix it or where can I raise the bug of software?
3 REPLIES 3

BigJohnny
Level 13
Sleep mode has been a plague for years as has hibernate.
Personally I turn them off and also disable the windows fast start up as both hibernate and windows fast start up use the same file, hiberfil.sys to dump the memory to the drive then upon resuming it loads it back up. Not only is it a huge file it often corrupts loading drivers.

I removed hybernate mode as well. But I really need simple sleep mode on my laptop. And it's obvious that some asus drivers won't work well with "usb selective suspend"

BigJohnny wrote:
Sleep mode has been a plague for years as has hibernate.
Personally I turn them off and also disable the windows fast start up as both hibernate and windows fast start up use the same file, hiberfil.sys to dump the memory to the drive then upon resuming it loads it back up. Not only is it a huge file it often corrupts loading drivers.

Perfect explanation

I had endless issues with fast start

The TR4 system I have boots so fast that the devices are sometimes not ready by the time windows loads the memory file back and go you get a BSOD because the devices are being sent a reset instruction and windows thinks everything is ready to go

After I disabled fast start all my BSOD's went away