cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504 FPS Spike, Slowing, Heavy Lag, Stuttering

Leon_Vermilion
Level 7
my laptop often get FPS spike lately, Getting heavy, stuttering worse and worse..
I didn't realize at first since i'm playing an online games, because I thought that it was come from my connection.
but when i play an offline game last night i realize that it was not, it's my device that have the problem.

i'm always use trusted resource for update, like windows update, Microsoft Store, GeForce Experience, MyAsus, Intel Driver Support and Assistant.
I have tried many ways, such as removing Intel and NVidia graphics drivers using DDU, and reinstalling the latest version of the driver, disabling Game Mode and Game Bar, disabling Full Screen Optimization, Changing Battery Settings, Changing Nvidia settings, removing NVidia Experience, scanning for viruses, but that doesn't help much.

I don't know which update that ruined my device, I really love my laptop and I'm very desperate here.. 😞

images for comparison:

taken at November 16th

taken at June 1

and no, it was not temperature problem since the one at June 1 have more heat since i'm gamming comparing at Nov 16 that taken just for test
and Fan always at Overboost Mode
15 REPLIES 15

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
First of all, revert back to 430.64 and see if it runs like it was running before.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
First of all, revert back to 430.64 and see if it runs like it was running before.

Does not differ much, and the FPS still Spike here and there 😞

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Install msi afterburner and keep an eye on the cpu/gpu temperatures and clocks when it stutters.

err..
Actually i'm using ROG Gaming Center, and it's connected to my cellphone.
so I know my device condition realtime..

before it doesn't even stutter/throttling when hit around 86-88°C, but now even at 70°C the FPS was constantly spike

but if needed i'l try using MSI

What's your RAM and VRAM usage like while playing? it will cause stuttering if it's almost at full usage. High CPU usage too.

I'd install MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperatures, ram, vram, power and clock speeds. Basically everything while playing to know what's actually going on.

Also, I'd suggest that you do a clean installation of Nvidia's driver #436.02 just to test if it's a driver issue or not.

RAM : Corsair Dual Channel 2x16 Gb
VRAM : 6 Gb GTX1060
From my screen shoot we can see that the VRAM usage is 3632 MB / 6144 MB
So i dont think that was memory related problem..
and CPU usage never exceeded 60%

I already use DDU for driver uninstaller

Leon.Vermilion wrote:
err..
Actually i'm using ROG Gaming Center, and it's connected to my cellphone.
so I know my device condition realtime..

before it doesn't even stutter/throttling when hit around 86-88°C, but now even at 70°C the FPS was constantly spike

but if needed i'l try using MSI

You need a GPU clock reading and limit reason. Install afterburner and enable those on the overlay. Set the polling period to 100ms. Temperatures only tell you half the story. Without proper info, it's just a guessing game.

Also, do some testing in other games or benchmarking tools to eliminate any variable.

ok, i'll try MSI
oh, do I need to add the RivaTuner Statistic Server too?

i'm sorry I think I need a guidance about using msi...

Leon.Vermilion wrote:
ok, i'll try MSI
oh, do I need to add the RivaTuner Statistic Server too?

i'm sorry I think I need a guidance about using msi...

Yes, rivatuner is what draws the overlay on your screen.