cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99-s many windows 7 drivers missing

DigitalDreams
Level 7
I often notice in the drivers section that many motherboard component drivers are missing, even after a scan for hardware changes and windows updates. Windows finds no drivers and I've installed what I can from the ASUS page.

Thoughts ?
i9-13900kf, Asus Rog Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4, Team Group PC4-28800c16 @3600, Seagate Firecuda 530 2Tb, 850W Seasonic PrimeTX.
3 REPLIES 3

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
windows 10. windows 7 will be EOL soon. check posts for alternative use. here, i recommend a clean install with windows 10 using these post drivers

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105838-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-Ethernet-MEI-SATA-(Z97-X99)
Learn, Play Enjoy!

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Means you're not doing something right installing
Right click .zip files and select Properties
Click the Unblock button and apply and save.
Right click Extract all.
All you have to do is open and scroll for the asus setup double click on them some require restart.

Device manager
Only issue I had was m.2 driver and it was as easy as installing it from Samsung
Even x299 drivers were pretty easy and pretty much the same processes

Drivers
Chipset
SATA
USB.3
RealTek
All above should come from asus download page for your board
M.2 from where ever brand ssd it is.

Sometimes one has to point device manager to the extracted driver .exe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manually updated the Asmedia 106x SATA Controller. Nothing noticed.

Tried the Intel automatic driver updater, found nothing (utter rubbish).

Re-installed the Intel chipset driver from the X99-s Asus page and VOILA, all but one issue gone (how the hell did Windows function with 30+ motherboard device drivers missing ??. Included an interrupt controller etc !).

Last issue
Intel C610 series /x99 chipset USB enhanced Host Controller #1 - 8D26 unhappy. "The device cannot start, Windows did not start a related device driver".... #2 is fine though ?.
i9-13900kf, Asus Rog Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4, Team Group PC4-28800c16 @3600, Seagate Firecuda 530 2Tb, 850W Seasonic PrimeTX.