cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Alpha - Add raid0 array to existing Windows 10 installation

Aje
Level 7
Hi,

I have a running Windows 10 installation and want to add my old SATA raid0 array from a previous installation. No hardware changes. What would be the procedure for doing this? For an Intel chipset, this is pretty straight forward, but for AMD it's a mess. RAIDXpert2 won't install properly without enabling RAID on my M.2 drives, which kills the Windows installation.

Any ideas on how to do this?

M.2 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus - Windows 10
M.2 - Samsung 950 Pro - Games
SATA - 3x wd RED Pro in raid0

Regards
Andreas
9 REPLIES 9

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
You just will not plug in the hard drives and they will do the win installation. When you are finished, go to the Bios menu and you will embed HDD Sata Raid

OLD

NEW

Aje
Level 7
Hi, thanks for a quick reply.
Can you please elaborate some more on what you just wrote as I am unclear of what you mean?

The system is up an running with Windows 10. I want to add my three SATA drives that were configured as a raid0 array from my previous Windows 10 installation.

Are you saying I should connect the drives to the motherboard, go to BIOS and set drive mode to RAID instead of SATA? And then?

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
to set the first in BIOS SATA settings Sata on Raid and restart computer. If you do not have AMD RAID Drivers installed, please install now and restart your computer. Then drive down to computer and smuggle in SATA HDDs. Restart the computer and create / festplattenpatritionen about management and format the SATA HDDs in the system interact

OLD

NEW

Aje
Level 7
I don't want to format the drives as they contain an intact raid0 array. I just want to add them to the Windows 10 installation.

For an Intel setup, I simply connect the drives, go to BIOS and enable RAID and hit CTRL + I to verify that BIOS has identified the drives from the former array properly. Windows automatically picks up the array as a single hard drive. If drivers are needed, I get a prompt. Usually no other drivers are necessary as Windows installs them by default.

How do I do the same thing with the AMD motherboard?

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
My english is not good but you should not format it but the satas to integrate them

OLD

NEW

Aje
Level 7
Really thanks for trying, but I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are writing? Perhaps if we try to break it down in to steps we can together fix my problem? 🙂

Here is what I believe you are trying to tell me to do:

1. Change drive mode from SATA to RAID (only for the SATA drives, not for the M.2 drives).

2. Restart and ensure I have the correct drivers installed. If not, install them now and then restart my computer.

3. Shut down computer and attach the drives to the motherboard.

4. Start the computer and then do what?

Regards
Andreas

Aje wrote:
Really thanks for trying, but I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are writing? Perhaps if we try to break it down in to steps we can together fix my problem? 🙂

Here is what I believe you are trying to tell me to do:

1. Change drive mode from SATA to RAID (only for the SATA drives, not for the M.2 drives).

2. Restart and ensure I have the correct drivers installed. If not, install them now and then restart my computer.

3. Shut down computer and attach the drives to the motherboard.

4. Start the computer and then do what?

Regards
Andreas

Crave the picture.

You see if the HDDs would be merged with the foreign / old raid

OLD

NEW

Aje
Level 7
I finally got it working!

In BIOS under the raidxpert2 configuration utility there were two arrays, which was strange.

1. The 3x raid0 array
2. A single disk array with one of the disks from the raid0 array.

I deleted array two and voila, the raid0 array popped up in Explorer.

Happy days! 🙂

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
That tried all the time to explain:D

OLD

NEW