Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

After months, I can't get them to work at 4133mhz. I sold the two pairs at 4133mhz and bought a 4d kit thinking that being QVL, they would work. Then I read that things don't work like that.

I currently have them at 3900mhz. What I have done is activate all the ram workouts. It takes a long time to start but it is easy for me to know if it is stable or not from the very beginning of the system.

My question is: if you had to stabilize the memories at 4133mhz, where would you start? I've heard a lot of chilling times but I don't know where to start. The ram has many parameters

All the best.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overthrow View Post
    After months, I can't get them to work at 4133mhz. I sold the two pairs at 4133mhz and bought a 4d kit thinking that being QVL, they would work. Then I read that things don't work like that.

I currently have them at 3900mhz. What I have done is activate all the ram workouts. It takes a long time to start but it is easy for me to know if it is stable or not from the very beginning of the system.

My question is: if you had to stabilize the memories at 4133mhz, where would you start? I've heard a lot of chilling times but I don't know where to start. The ram has many parameters

All the best.
    WIth 4 modules anything around 4K can be difficult on the platform, even at 2T. Your best bet would be to look to the sub timings. Feel free to try these from my old Z390 Formula system.

Take note that the system is also stable with less VCCSA and VCCIO than it is with more, this comes down to a signal alignment issue and depends on the CPU sample.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Signal_IO.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	877.1 KB 
ID:	87903

ROG Enthusiast Array

My fix for a silimar ram frequency problem was to set RTT_Park( Dram timing-> skew control) to 240 on both channels. Try that, set VCCIO to 1.25, vccsa 1.3 or 1.25 and enable xmp 1. Reset the bios before doing this, so you won't have other ram timings set.
    Last edited by qlfenv; 02-19-2021 at 09:51 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

nothing.. impossible.

New ROGer Array

Back to the old rig today, m12f off to warranty. A few of my observations after a long time of bashing the 4XXX with 4 sticks against my head ism.

Name:	1 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	89436

I have a better screen with harku winsat and everything else on ocnet somewhere.

You can try to play with skews. Seems some have success. Ive seen recommendations vary significantly and they vary with bins.

CPU IMC is the limmiting factor normally RAM less so, less so mobo/bios/finetuning.

Sorry about the bad screen, just a quick and dirty bios update and windows install.

tRDRD_DG and tRDWR_XX is very sensitive around the 4k mark you may need to modify them every 100mhz step. They can be fickle. ie: I can do 14/15/31 RDWR_XX 10/tRDRD_DG 5 no issues at 4k but 15/15/15/30-34 will only do tRDWR_XX 12/12/0/12 but will do tRDRD_DG 4 all day.

Mode 2 or 1, test both. There are too many variables to just guess which one will work Ive had times when mode 1 wont post with minor changes and mode 2 will and visa versa.

Even with mode 2, set Roundtrip latency to enable, train and then enable fastboot and check if the RTLS's are funky (not straight 6/7's) if so; disable and try again (+- SA/IO normally), if good don't touch them again or lock them in if they are not straight 6's or 7's after MRC fastboot is set to enable. Then zero the unwanteds, also zero the RR's. A good early sign of some stability is having IOL's train correctly.

Disable Fastboot (the startup options one).

4 sticks? Enable the Centering 2D options in training (voltage less important, this has improoved my training consistancy above 4K)

Enable trace centering down the bottom of DRAM timing control.

VTT Dram Voltage, depends. I have not needed it around 4K, 4266+ I have had sucess with 0.75v-0.8v but has been counterproductive closer to 4k so on auto for me.

For z490 the extra options you can set for PRE, setting CKE to 0 or 1 and get lower latency but 390 just keep it between 5 and 8

While Mem OCing:

Do not overclock CPU cache while exploring RAM, unless you have a rock solid cache. My 10900K will throw BSODs just +2 bins while the 9900K can do c14 4k with a 50 cache at 5.2 all day and train fine.

Dont overclock ram on your 24/7 windows machine you use for everything. Things will get corrupted pretty fast if you dont get stable. A tip if you must. Chkdsk /f most reboots if you are getting lots of errors and every few:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk /perf /scan in win
    chkdsk /f for restart
    Otherwise the os corruption compounds the instability and just introduces more variables.

Turn off turbo boot performance, you may just corrupt the BCD as a special prize and play the bcdedit minigame on the recovery cmd prompt. Happens too frequently. WTB Windows readonly bootmng.

Turn off VTx and VMX+Memory Encryption in windows security, had a nightmare figuring that out once.

One thing I notice everywhere I look is the insane vccio/sa's recommended. Never got a full pass on any z270/370/390/490 consistantly with anything over 1.25 max. This board wont even train above 1.175 on either.

This setup has been working at high loads pretty much constantly since release (first batch 9900k and mobo, ram is older and has been in a few rigs) 1.55v (this kit Gskil F4-4133C17Q)-32GTXX rebinned to 1.6v stock on a few new Gskill kits, safe for bdie) @ 1.15sa/io., BDie likes high voltage not sure the IMC does.

Alo appologies spellcheck is not working in this devbuild.

ROG Enthusiast Array

p2main

Ok, I have done certain things that I have been reading that I do not know if they are correct or not.

One I am trying is to use the multiplier for the 1: 1 memories. So either I set them to 4100mhz or 4200mhz.
    I have opted for 4200mhz
    Another is that DRAM RAS # ACT Time is triple that of DRAM CAS # Latency

Then I have increased from 17-17-37 to 18-18-54 at 4200mhz at 1.55v

vccio 1.275
    vcsa 1,286
    PCH Core Voltage [1.05000]
    CPU Standby Voltage [1,050]

After 47 of TM5, 10 errors appeared at the same time.
    I have disabled fastboot and mch fastboot

I am Spanish and the rest of the guide is difficult for me to understand.

The truth is that I am very lost. I don't know whether to sell them and buy slower memories with more gigs to virtualize. (I have to use virtualization for work)
    Last edited by Overthrow; 07-26-2021 at 10:10 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

It does not work like this.

I have opted for 1:33 4133mhz dram at 1.475v vccio at 1.235 and vcsa 1.25
    and it seems that this time he is liking it.

P.D.: One error cycle 3 ~3hours try vram 1.49v

Name:	Sin título-1.jpg 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	89460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	89461
    Last edited by Overthrow; 07-27-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

You are far better off looking for the highest obtainable frequency at Command Rate 1.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    You are far better off looking for the highest obtainable frequency at Command Rate 1.
    It is being impossible according to the XMP profile to try it with command rate 1. Do you want my life to end without knowing what stability is on this pc? you're cruel. : S

: P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2