cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop bag case mod..

Retired
Not applicable
so I wanted to throw an idea out on a new mod im starting. What do you guys think.. I am going to take a laptop bag, string the outside with el wire, probably in a tron type pattern, (something like this) http://gizmodo.com/5715025/diy-tron-project-gives-new-glowing-life-to-old-messenger-bags

Then on the inside when you open it, I want to install a full water cooled gaming rig, complete with screen on inside panel. I will reenforce the bag with an aluminum frame, and steal some hinges off a breifcase for stability in opening it, I think I will need to use a micro board,(not for sure yet) and I am open to ideas on power supply. I wasthinking about taking one apart and spreading it out in the bag (on the bottom so its not so thick) .. I want the wires to plug into the bottom of the bag so I will actualy mount the motherboard and cut a hole for the plate. Another issue I think I will have will be graphics card, but I can either remove that when I close it, or posibly cut a hole or something, thats another thing , im open for ideas... Just thought id shoot it at you guys see what you think. If this fuels any ideas please post them , I am totaly open..
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
sick dude u should do it

DarthBeavis
Level 9
say it is a European shoulder bag if anyone calls it a purse

xeromist
Why would you need to remove the GPU? If you are talking about clearance just use a PCI-E extender and mount it parallel to the board.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
or I could use an actual laptop and assemble it inside the bag also.. 🙂

xeromist
Perhaps, but then you'd either have to destroy a top of the line laptop for the sake of art or it just wouldn't be up to the performance that you could get with regular components for way cheaper.

I'd go with an ITX board and outfit it with the best components that will fit. Use a PCI-E extender cable so you can mount a nice GPU beside it laying down.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…