cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate is doing that stuck update thing. AGAIN!!!

srsbsns
Level 9
I just woke my system out of sleep and noticed the RAM was doing rainbow pattern. So i opened the dookie crate software and there was an update. I did the update and rebooted. Now there are 3 more updates that no matter how many time you update it always says there is an update.

Due to the fantastic software design you cant use any feature that has an update available until you download the update. Stuck in a catch-22 now... I hate Asus software so much :mad::mad::mad:

16 REPLIES 16

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
you have access to MS accounts on the windows store? there is ArmoryCrate update should be like these. I am tracking some errors myself.
like the board update

Learn, Play Enjoy!

im getting " xml format error please restart your system ( status 0 write file) on my asus rog ryujin. dosent recognize my asus crossahir hero 6 motherboard or aio.

evilkabuki wrote:
im getting " xml format error please restart your system ( status 0 write file) on my asus rog ryujin. dosent recognize my asus crossahir hero 6 motherboard or aio.

check plz these services are running. perform a cmos clear

Re@per wrote:
check plz these services are running. perform a cmos clear

everythings running. still having the same problem. cleared cmos. i can see my mobo and aio in the app but it still says conect asus aura or whatever. trying really hard to practice some patience here but its hard when aura has been a known problem for so long.

TheSpearman
Level 7
I'm stuck in the same update loop. It's version 2.5.7 beta, updated yesterday and stuck since then. I'm beginning to rapidly learn to hate this thing.

I'm seriously amazed by this software. I've been using my new RYUO 240 for 2 months with my new MOBO and I haven't had more than 2 days of it working properly! This has to be literally the worst software design I've ever encountered in my life. How is it not fixed, why are other softwares able to function flawlessly? This is so frustrating, turning my PC on, seeing all the RGB go crazy and opening Armoury Crate just to see it ask me to restart my computer because I have no "compatible" devices... Something really has to be done here, otherwise I can't imagine why people would keep buying ROG RGB stuff anymore, or maybe I should just speak for myself.

And if I see fixes like "have you tried reinstalling your OS"? Come on, seriously, besides the fact that I've done that 5 times until now because of this, in what world is this a decent fix? Having to reinstall my Windows? How about the software engineers fix it? At the end of the day, you've paid some money for some features, you want to be able to use them, right?

Aje
Level 7
I have been using ASUS hardware for over fifteen years now, but this will be my last time. I will terminate my company's planned upgrades and switch brand completely.
Their software team is a complete joke. Just look at Aura / Armoury Crate.

R0GD0M
Level 7
Piece of crap software, killed my z370-E onboard RGB led, and messed up my windows 10 when attempted to eliminate it from my system, found it's traces all over the place, app, program files, you name it, when I tried to reinstall it in a desperate attempt to recover my Rog Z370-E onboard led (all other tricks would not bring it back including bios update, multiple install all versions of aura, mobo disassembly with minimum hardware, Clear CMOS and battery removal), it keeps downloading stuff frenetically (network and HDD activity) but stuck into updating

same issue with Ryuo and armory crate (it has worked correctly for 1 month) now getting :
armoury crate XML format error. Please restart your system (Status:0 RestoreProfile

every time i want to display the hardware metrics (fan rpm, temp,...)
the software has been unsinstalled, re-installed, is now up to date, but still that stupid error message ...