Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Himeko View Post
    Few years later (the memory hog existed way before this thread), there is still no fix. Setting up a task to restart the service every few hours is not a fix. Sorry to say, but this is the last Asus motherboard for me, after having bought a few over the years I'm honestly tired with the lack of support.

Totally agree!
    They do "nice" hardware but the software is a piece of crap.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array R4E3960X's Avatar

Does uninstall those ASUS AI Suite II help?
    Intel Core i7 3960X C2 SR0KF @3.3GHz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BIOS 3602 03/15/2013 16 GB GSKILL ZL 9-9-9-24-1T @1600MHz Quad Channel HIS HD7979 1050MHz GPU 1500MHz DDR5 120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SATA 6Gbps ASUS 24X DVD Corsair AX750 WINDOWS 8 PRO X64 6.2.9200.16384 RELEASE

New ROGer Array

+1 for memory leak, just checked and it was using 1GB RAM after about a week on.

Running Windows 7 64bit.

I just restarted all the Asus services in Task Manager and it's dropped back to a "normal" level of memory usage. Obviously as pointed out by others, having to manually restart the service (or setup a script to do so) isn't a fix.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array tistou77 PC Specs
    tistou77 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor7980XE @4.6Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorDell U2417H
    Storage #1Intel M2 Optane 905P
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus
    CPU CoolerWatercooling
    CaseLian Li A77F
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech LIK
    Mouse Logitech MX revolution
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

This service (drivers AMDA00 in Device Manager) is only for AI Suite, Boot To Bios and OC Panel, I believe
    I uninstalled it for now (I do not use the OC panel currently) and created errors at boot Windows 7 x64 (Event Viewer)
    Sorry for my english

Case: Lian Li A77F
    MB: Rampage VI Extreme
    CPU: i9 7980XE
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    DATA: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

New ROGer Array

found something interesting

After experiencing random internet disconnects, I contacted an L3 tech at my ISP. He was able to see that my upload was capped, causing the modem to disconnect. After further investigation, we found the upload was coming from my computer. No virus warnings were found with Avast or Malwarebytes (and still are not).

I reconnected my computer and ran Wireshark for a few minutes until the internet service disconnected. After looking at the outgoing streams, I could see one program making intense use of the upload. It was atkexComSvc. I blocked the port on the firewall, renamed the EXE and accompanying DLLs to .OLD and rebooted. AISuite3 obviously doesn't run anymore, but so far problem solved. I've had no internet (or RAM) issues since. Not exactly sure why this would be uploading ANY data, let alone 1.5Mb/s.

Obviously your mileage may vary... it could just be an undetectable virus on my computer, but worth checking into.

New ROGer Array

Really, this is a years old problem they just don't care to fix - I'm surprised. But not, customer service doesn't exist anywhere anymore. It's king though, and why i dropped bitdefender as my a/v company this year. It's leaking awful (I had no idea, but yeah - just verified). My solution was to un-install AMDA00 driver, atkexComSvc, AI Suite II program, and sadly goodbye ASUStek as my vendor (for next purchase, at least). I was a little disappointed with the z87-pro board I got in December. Hello ASrock?

The board is wired up for PCIe 3.0 x8/x8 from the CPU and an additional PCIe 2.0 x4 from the chipset. ASUS have configured the chipset to output a total of eight PCIe 2.0 lanes, to power all the PCIe 2.0 x1 slots (of which there are four), various controllers and the final full length PCIe slot. However, in order to give everything wired up full bandwidth requires more than eight lanes, and thus various resources are shared. As a result, this final full length PCIe 2.0 runs at x1 by default, and requires a BIOS option to change it to x4, which in the process disables at least the ASMedia SATA 6 Gbps controller, reducing the total number of SATA 6 Gbps ports by two. This final PCIe slot can also be used in 3-way CrossFireX, but without careful consideration the performance difference between the final slot at x1 and x4 can be very large – in a couple of circumstances (Dirt3/Civ5) worse than just two GPUs on their own. For maximum GPU performance, the user would need to change the BIOS option to PCIe 2.0 x4. This is perhaps not painfully obvious unless the user has experienced lane bandwidth issues in the past; ideally I would like to see some software tool in the OS that could be enabled explaining the situation. Note this does not apply to GPUs specifically – PCIe 2.0 x4 RAID cards could also suffer in performance at x1 bandwidth.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array tistou77 PC Specs
    tistou77 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor7980XE @4.6Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorDell U2417H
    Storage #1Intel M2 Optane 905P
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus
    CPU CoolerWatercooling
    CaseLian Li A77F
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech LIK
    Mouse Logitech MX revolution
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Me, I have not installed the driver AMDA00, it serves just to Aisuite and OC Panel (R4BE)
    It brings more problems than anything else with Windows 7
    Sorry for my english

Case: Lian Li A77F
    MB: Rampage VI Extreme
    CPU: i9 7980XE
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
    GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
    PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    DATA: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

New ROGer Array

Has the leak been fixed yet?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I'm not sure. I don't have the memory leak any more, but I also don't have AI Suite II installed either, so it's possible the memory leak is fixed, but it's also possible it was being caused by AI Suite II, and it's still there, lying dormant.
    Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
    CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
    OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
    Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
    Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
    PSU: OCZ ZX1250
    Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

ROG Enthusiast Array nightstrike PC Specs
    nightstrike PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Samsung NP-R580-JSB1US
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3866C18Q-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2Intel HD 530
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro MZ-V6P512
    Storage #2Western Digital WD6001FZWX
    CPU CoolerPhantek PH-TC12DX
    CaseCM Storm Trooper
    Power SupplySeasonic SSR-850TD
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

After years, this is still a fundamentally broken process. It doesn't appear to leak memory, but it does spin the CPU at 100%, blocking the main thread of AISuite3.exe, rendering that application pretty useless. How can we get this fixed? Who do we have to talk to? Calling in to support is a waste of time; it never works, and the people there aren't knowledgeable. What's the process to get working software from Asus?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast