Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL504GW] RTX 2070 G-Sync

Weizen
Level 7
Hi guys.
I've got a GL504GW with an RTX 2070.
I've bought a 144Hz monitor that supports FreeSync. However, in my nvidia panel i can't see any option to enable it.

Windows 10
Nvidia driver version 431.87
7 REPLIES 7

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
Isn’t FreeSync for AMD GPUs?

Bushmaster78FS wrote:
Isn’t FreeSync for AMD GPUs?

Nvidia added support for it on driver 417.xx if memory serves me right.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Nvidia added support for it on driver 417.xx if memory serves me right.

431 is greater than 417.
Anyway i just updated to 441 and it doesn't work either.

TX2000
Level 8
i have the same model and it doesn't support it. also at 144hz what are you running that you need it? everything below 144hz shouldn't tear

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
I don't really know much about it if you want to get more opinions, but have you tried connecting by display port or mini-display port rather than HDMI since I've been reading some information that mentions you may not be able to get G-sync working through HDMI as below.

https://www.pcgamer.com/displayport-vs-hdmi-which-display-cable-should-i-use-for-my-monitor/

"Nvidia’s G-Sync also requires DisplayPort, and while AMD’s FreeSync is supported over some HDMI connections, adaptive sync technology has been baked as an option into the DisplayPort standard since 1.2a so adaptive sync DisplayPort monitors are much easier to find."

I enabled it in the monitor, it was semi-hidden option. Now it works flawlessly

What monitor had you gotten by the way? I am looking at ASUS monitors at the moment but I am planning to go with G-Sync to avoid similar headaches