cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme Code 34 (Can not enter bios)

Hymer
Level 7
Hello,

Just bought a Asus Rampage IV Extreme and a 3960X. Problem i have whit my new build is when i try to enter bios i just get code 34 and a black screen. I have flashed bios to latest version but still no go. The computer is working but it is disturbing as hell when i cant enter the bios.

Components:

3960x
Rampage IV Extreme
6970 crossfire
G.Skill 16GB (4x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz Ripjaws X Performance
antec high current gamer 900w
64gb crucial ssd
120 ocz ssd
1tb hdd
1 dvd writer

Things i have tried:

Reseated cpu several times and cleared cmos.
Tried out whit different amount of ram in different ports
No hdds or optical drives plugged in
One gfx card in diffrent slots
tippled checked that all cables are plugged in

I do not know what more i can do? Must i Rma the board?
28 REPLIES 28

Jobeo
Level 7
use the button on the motherboard to switch to BIOS 2
Rampage IV Extreme
3930k C2 stepping intel cpu
Gskill 32gb kit F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
GTX 760
GTX 560ti
Areca 1882 Raid Controller
Crucial m4 SSDs 256gb two disk raid 0
Enermax 1350w maxrevo PSU
Cosmos 2 case

frisianbear2002
Level 9
If thats not working you can try this http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback
and flash it with a earlyer or later BIOS.

Hope that will work and there are some really good guys around who can help you out i am also learning every day more and more.
l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal

Jobeo: I have tried that too and it is not working. If i change it wont even boot to win.

frisianbear2002: I will try that thx

Take_it_Upstair
Level 7
I had the same thing happen to me too.
As soon as you turn it on, start tapping the "Del" key steadily till you get in to the bios... see if that works.
And if it does , first thing you do is go to the boot menu and disable 'Full screen logo".

Take It Upstairs: I dont have a fullscreen logo boot. Just a black screen and than some text about marvel controler and then windows boots up.

Hymer wrote:
Take It Upstairs: I don't have a full screen logo boot. Just a black screen and than some text about marvel controller and then windows boots up.
Yes I know that. Did you at least try what I said? This happens to my system EVRY time I flash the bios. When you flash the bios, the Bios setting reverts back to full screen logo. With my setup, when this happens, I never see the full screen logo, just a black screen, text from a marvel controller, then windows boots up. The only way I get in to bios is to do what I said to do. This also happens with both DVI / HDMI connections, dependent on brand / model of monitor or TV that is used. It has to do with the full screen logo not being able to post properly (black screen) then when the bios windows opens you still have a black screen. So just make believe your a blind man trying to get in to the bios by tapping the Del key constantly as soon as you turn on the computer. With a couple of tries you end up in the Bios along to be able to finally see it.. And if / when you do, make sure you disable full screen logo.

Just listen to the PC's speaker sound, you should hit del just after it beeps.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

You guys might have cracked the riddle. I am using a 27 hazro IPS native res 2560*1440 connected via dvi-d. I will try i lower res screen.

Ohh this board is killing me. I bought i 7970 yesterday and when iu plugged it in i get no signal. Try doing a clear cmos and then a got a signal but i must press F1 to bla bla bios something and then i get the code 34 again. WTH is wrong whit my motherboard. Well on Monday i am going to return it and buy a Msi 😞