cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z390i motherboard temp sensor

carlosriosness
Level 7
I have a z390i motherboard in a phanteks shift case.
my gpu and cpu settle around 78 degrees while gaming.

i noticed in the ai suite app that my "motherboard" temp hits around 65c. it idles at 40c. when it hits above 60ish it turns red in color.

i am assuming this is a bad temp to be at. so my questions:

1 - should i be worrying at 65c
1b, if not, what number should i be worried at
1c, if it is bad, what temp should i make sure it doesnt go over?
2 - where is the sensor?
3 - any tips to bringing down the temp while under load?

not sure what i can do, possibly add another noctua a12x15 somewhere, loosely since there is no where left to mount another?!?
IX Formula and Z390i
2 REPLIES 2

no1yak
Level 8
What is the ambient room temp? I would check the MB temp using either Ada64 or HW Info. Asus AI Suite is not the best and I personally wont use it. You could have a faulty sensor, so before you start to panic check the temps using one or both of what I have suggested. My board( Hero XI ) Idles at 26c with an ambient room temp of 22c and under full load goes to 28c. Sorry can't help with the sensor location.

no1yak wrote:
What is the ambient room temp? I would check the MB temp using either Ada64 or HW Info. Asus AI Suite is not the best and I personally wont use it. You could have a faulty sensor, so before you start to panic check the temps using one or both of what I have suggested. My board( Hero XI ) Idles at 26c with an ambient room temp of 22c and under full load goes to 28c. Sorry can't help with the sensor location.

HW info confirms the same temps. i will say that it does idle even lower depending on the ambient temps. it was probably just warmer than usual from my back to back testing. im still not certain if its truly going to damage something in the long run?
IX Formula and Z390i