cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura and case light problem

Baio73
Level 8
Hi there,
I'm using a CH7HWF along with a LIAN LI 011 Dynamic XL case.
This case has a front led strip that should be compatible with Asus Aura:

I've connected the case's 3-pin cable to the ADD_HEADER1 of the mobo but still does not work.
Should I set something within ? Aura version is v1.07.71.
Thanks

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100
4 REPLIES 4

christofalee
Level 7
Baio73 wrote:
Hi there,
I'm using a CH7HWF along with a LIAN LI 011 Dynamic XL case.
This case has a front led strip that should be compatible with Asus Aura:

I've connected the case's 3-pin cable to the ADD_HEADER1 of the mobo but still does not work.
Should I set something within ? Aura version is v1.07.71.
Thanks

Baio

I will second this, I have the same case and the ASUS X570 crosshair and the case rgb lights are nowhere to be seen, I have to use the manual switch on the case IO

Baio73
Level 8
christofalee wrote:
I will second this, I have the same case and the ASUS X570 crosshair and the case rgb lights are nowhere to be seen, I have to use the manual switch on the case IO

Did you connect the case strip's header to the mobo?
If so, open AURA and config a strip with 28 leds, than sync whatever effect you prefer anid finally push the upper front case button untill the strip shows the effect you chose.
Here it wotked untill a couple of days ago, then the strip started to make a terrible effect*.
For sure there is not a great compatibility with AURA and I had to write to LianLi assistance to have the infos…

Baio

*I set the mobo's RGB, RAM and strip to sync with breathing effect, but when the strip fades in ad out for a second it shows a rainbow effect, very annoying especially wihen the room is dark
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

I have the CH7 and was thinking about hooking the case lights from my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass to the MB to control. After reading this, I think I'll just use the button on the case to control them to match what I chose for the MB in Aura lol

bluestang wrote:
I have the CH7 and was thinking about hooking the case lights from my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass to the MB to control. After reading this, I think I'll just use the button on the case to control them to match what I chose for the MB in Aura lol

The difficult part is if you use some effect for the mobo (like breathing) that needs to be synched. With my case I can set the strip as breathing from the front panel button, but it will never light in sync with the rest.
What you need (and Phanteks can tell you) is to know how many leds the strip is made of, put the value in AURA and then ... prey.

Baio