Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Well....I've not had a play on a GB board recently....not sure what their llc settings are like...I guess you'd just have to experiment carefully raising vcore or lowering llc.
    Thanks mate, I will keep trying

Well....I've not had a play on a GB board recently....not sure what their llc settings are like...I guess you'd just have to experiment carefully raising vcore or lowering llc.
    Ok thanks. Well I've now managed to have a good stability at 1.320 vcore @5.2 GHz which think is a resonable voltage. My VID does still jumop quiet a lot. 1.275 - 1.42. Guess that is normal thought?

Ok thanks. Well I've now managed to have a good stability at 1.320 vcore @5.2 GHz which think is a resonable voltage. My VID does still jumop quiet a lot. 1.275 - 1.42. Guess that is normal thought?

New ROGer Array

Hey mate,

The correct voltage you need to monitor in hwinfo is VR VOUT (it's the one grouped with current and power output). It will show voltage very accurately under load and at idle.

Are you using the latest F10 bios optimized for the KS?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexauwa View Post
    I run 1.30 vcore fix (manual) at the moment. Power plan (you mean under windows?) is set to high power on all settings. Avx = 0.
    Realbench hits the 1.42 on VID. But VID it not the vcore right?

To get this right... VID is the vcore with LLC kicked in. Giving me a total vcore load of for example 1.42 in real bench. But when not using benchmark and stress test in real bench instead, I get immediate crash. In order to have vcore and VID match, I set the LLC corret. In my case this is 6 (turbo on gigabyte). But having a vcore in bios set to 1.3 and a VID of 1.42 is big jump right? So I shall set my Vcore even higher to maybe 1.35?
    Your Vcore in that screenshot is 1.24v-1.293v.
    Use VR VOUT on Gigabyte boards to monitor. And this is an Asus forum. Did you really expect Gigabyte users to be here?

Asus maximus XI boards vcore sensor in HWInfo64 is like our VR VOUT (although 12mv resolution rather than 2mv).

VID has absolutely nothing to do with loadline calibration unless the mOhms value on your Vcore LLC is equal to the "DC Loadline" mOhms value, but VID is based on a scaling calibration from x8 to x50, for using Auto and DVID modes, is highly dependent on AC Loadline for how it affects VR VOUT, but will not correspond to VR VOUT on auto or DVID unless you fully understand the relationship between Thermal Velocity Boost Voltage optimizations, AC Loadline and DC Loadline, and any DVID Offsets in use do not affect VID whatsoever but will affect VR VOUT.

VID will *never* match VR VOUT on any fixed voltage because fixed voltage programs the VRM manually.
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 11-25-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richo13 View Post
    Hey mate,

The correct voltage you need to monitor in hwinfo is VR VOUT (it's the one grouped with current and power output). It will show voltage very accurately under load and at idle.

Are you using the latest F10 bios optimized for the KS?
    Thx mate. Yes, F10 is installed. So I could run various stress test and see how high it gets. Then dial that one in in bios?

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Your Vcore in that screenshot is 1.24v-1.293v.
    Use VR VOUT on Gigabyte boards to monitor. And this is an Asus forum. Did you really expect Gigabyte users to be here?

Asus maximus XI boards vcore sensor in HWInfo64 is like our VR VOUT (although 12mv resolution rather than 2mv).

VID has absolutely nothing to do with loadline calibration unless the mOhms value on your Vcore LLC is equal to the "DC Loadline" mOhms value, but VID is based on a scaling calibration from x8 to x50, for using Auto and DVID modes, is highly dependent on AC Loadline for how it affects VR VOUT, but will not correspond to VR VOUT on auto or DVID unless you fully understand the relationship between Thermal Velocity Boost Voltage optimizations, AC Loadline and DC Loadline, and any DVID Offsets in use do not affect VID whatsoever but will affect VR VOUT.

VID will *never* match VR VOUT on any fixed voltage because fixed voltage programs the VRM manually.
    Thx mate. I have no owned asus for ages, but gigabyte simply got better VRMs over asus z390 boards. Although asus bios is still better. I've always made good experience in this forum.

Our explanation are a bit too complex for me as I can't address all those different values. The last thing I tweaking around is llc as I want it match my vcore readout. I am editing 4k videos so cpu load can be pretty demanding. My temps give me a lot more heat room but I guess 5.2 Ghz is kind of my sweet spot.

Thx mate. I have no owned asus for ages, but gigabyte simply got better VRMs over asus z390 boards. Although asus bios is still better. I've always made good experience in this forum.

Our explanation are a bit too complex for me as I can't address all those different values. The last thing I tweaking around is llc as I want it match my vcore readout. I am editing 4k videos so cpu load can be pretty demanding. My temps give me a lot more heat room but I guess 5.2 Ghz is kind of my sweet spot.
    Ok. Then simple: Use VR VOUT for your voltage reading.

ROG Member Array Spoons PC Specs
    Spoons PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900X@5.1
    Memory (part number)corsair dominator 16gb cas 16 3800
    Graphics Card #1RTX2080 ti
    Monitorvg278qe
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 970 pro 512gb m.2
    CPU Coolercustomloop
    Case750d
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600I
    Keyboard Quickfire Rapid
    Mouse g pro
    OS Win 10 X 64

Hey guys,

I finalized my first custom water cooled pc and are very happy with my results. Still, I have some questions in terms of dialing in the right bios settings.

I run the following setup:

// PC
    i9 9900KS @5.2 GHz
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
    64 RAM 3200 CL14
    GTX 1080
    1000 Watt PSU

// COOLING
    2 x 360 radiator
    EK Pump
    EK CPU cooler
    Heatkiller GPU cooler

I run the current bios settings:
    CPU clock = 5.2 Ghz
    Memory set to XMP
    Loadline calibration = turbo (level 6)
    Enhanced multi core performance = disabled
    Uncore ratio = 47
    C states = all disabled
    CPU vcore current protection = extreme
    Pmw phase control = extrem perf
    Power limits are not limited
    Rest voltages are set to auto

In terms of vcore and maybe related settings I have questions. I started off with a vcore of 1.290. I played around 1.290 and 1.310.
    I tried Cinebench R20 and R15 a couple of runs. AIDA 64 as well and Prime95. All seem to work even with 1.290 vcore at the beginning. The longer the pc was running the more I run into crashes. My temps are absolutely fine. In between 80-85 on prime95.

So my question: is it normal that the vcore of 1.290 is not enough over time? Does it need a higher vcore over time? Do I have to keep raising the vcore? What additional bios setting would help stabilize the overclock apart from the vcore?

Memory is not overclocked and GPU got 200 MHz and 100 clock overclock though.

Thanks a lot for your help,
    Alex

Gigabyte suk doneky balls dog ****e bios

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Ok. Then simple: Use VR VOUT for your voltage reading.
    Ok, thank. So I run multiple stress test like AIDA, PRIME95, real bench and read out the max. Dial that one in and keep the LLC as low as possible so probably 7 or 8 to the OC a bit more voltage to play with?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast