cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G53SX loud fan noise issue.

Dav_f
Level 7
Well I'm back again, this time with another problem. Now I just wanted to make it clear now that I already tryed fixing the noise issue threw the power4gear settings and changing the fans to passive. At first this worked, now five mintues earlier it started doing it again. Here is a video of the noise. I'm wondering if another factory reset would resolve the issue, but I'm really trying to avoid that. Any help will and is appreciated. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

carulli
Level 7
Have you checked the temperatures? What side is the noise coming from. Is the air coming from the fan hot? it sounds like it isn't the fan with the issue but either the mother board or more likely high temperatures making the fans have to work hard in order for your cpu or gpu to stay cool.

To check the temperatures downlaod hwinfo64 or 32 from here: http://www.hwinfo.com/#, run it and then click the sensors button on the top left of the gui for the application and list all of the temperatures shown in this thread. Don't do it under load for now just do it at idle.

carulli wrote:
Have you checked the temperatures? What side is the noise coming from. Is the air coming from the fan hot? it sounds like it isn't the fan with the issue but either the mother board or more likely high temperatures making the fans have to work hard in order for your cpu or gpu to stay cool.

To check the temperatures downlaod hwinfo64 or 32 from here: http://www.hwinfo.com/#, run it and then click the sensors button on the top left of the gui for the application and list all of the temperatures shown in this thread. Don't do it under load for now just do it at idle.

The sound comes out from both sides, and the air coming out isn't hot. But now I'm starting to agree on the temperature idea. I just got back on it after leaving it off for a couple of hours and now the fans are working fine.

Edit: I'm going to leave power4gear on entertainment and see if the problem continues. Maybe If it's stops the fan the problem I'll be able to tell if it's an issue with the CPU overclock on the high performance mode.

carulli
Level 7
The issue shouldn't even be existent, changing the profile in p4g doesn't fix the problem it just makes it less evident. If your hardware is running hot at idle in performance mode it could be overheating in high usage tasks such as games and encoding. If you want to actually fix it start with checking the temps.