cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai suite 3 fan speed

teus_be
Level 8
I've got a "MAXIMUS VII FORMULA" mainboard with windows 10 and Ai suite 3. I ran the adjustment wizard, and I can set my case fan speed nicely to 30%. Whenever the screensaver on my PC kicks in, the fan speed goes up to 65%, and doesn't go down anymore. I have to lower or raise the fan curve slightly in Ai, so it goes back to normal. This is bizarre, and I regret upgrading my PC fans to adjustable ones.

I'm attaching a screenshot. Where do I start to troubleshoot this?
3 REPLIES 3

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Yeah, sounds familiar. In my case after endless time setting everything up the way I liked it and getting things perfect, all the settings were lost at one point, and a few times -- with a Bios update, etc. After that it just seemed it was a waste of time to tinker with anything. Hence, I now simply run "Fan tuning" when the fans aren't running at the right speeds, and then I choose one of the stock settings, like "Standard" or "Turbo" and that has worked for me. Sometimes I have had to run the "Fan tuning" again each time after starting my rig until it got it right. A few times I restarted, too. But once the settings are right, I simply leave it alone, and never start the software again, and that seems to work and has been fine for weeks now.

Hopefully this helps.

Super Gnome wrote:
Yeah, sounds familiar. In my case after endless time setting everything up the way I liked it and getting things perfect, all the settings were lost at one point, and a few times -- with a Bios update, etc. After that it just seemed it was a waste of time to tinker with anything. Hence, I now simply run "Fan tuning" when the fans aren't running at the right speeds, and then I choose one of the stock settings, like "Standard" or "Turbo" and that has worked for me. Sometimes I have had to run the "Fan tuning" again each time after starting my rig until it got it right. A few times I restarted, too. But once the settings are right, I simply leave it alone, and never start the software again, and that seems to work and has been fine for weeks now.

Hopefully this helps.

yes, this seems to have resolved the problem.
I believe one fan refused to spin properly before, it kept stalling, and now it's running fine. no need for manually adjusting the fan curve.

teus_be wrote:
yes, this seems to have resolved the problem.
I believe one fan refused to spin properly before, it kept stalling, and now it's running fine. no need for manually adjusting the fan curve.

Yup, my rig had the same problem. Sometimes one or two of the fans weren't spinning. Then a quick "Fan tuning" and it was working again. Strange, but my fans have been working perfectly the last few months or so (touch wood)!

Anyhow, good you got your setup working.