cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix z390-F M2_1 Slot Stopped Working?

Italianspartacu
Level 7
Hey Guys,

I booted up my computer last week, and I noticed my 😧 drive suddenly isn't appearing on both an OS or BIOS level. Checking Device Manager and Disk Management, it's still not there. I just built the rig a month and a half ago, and I've been using the other drive the entire time as storage/render location for my adobe suite. I did nothing new to the computer in the time between it last being visible and not.

Here's my System Specs:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E

Processor: Intel i9-9900FK

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX

Memory: GSkills Trident LED 32GB DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: 2x Samsung EVO SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe (2280) (C: Drive in M2_Slot2, 😧 Drive in M2_Slot1)

Troubleshooting I've tried:

- Re-seating the NVMe

- Power cycle a few times, including full system shut down, shut off PSU, unplug (purge power as well), then booting up and hanging out in the BIOS for 30 minutes

- I swapped the stick from Slot 1 into Slot 2, and the stick is recognized, but after putting my C drive into Slot 1, it still isn't recognized.. so I've narrowed it down to at least the "M.2_1 Slot" on the Mobo

Any help would be SO SO appreciated. Thanks so much guys, I've been trying to fix this for the last 48 hours. The drive is a year old this month, so I'd be surprised if it just randomly truly died.
0 REPLIES 0