cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get to work and release 1.0.0.4 for enthusiast 300-400 boards?

Synoxia
Level 7
Title. This is not the 300 usd "premium" experience we paid for.
3950x launched yesterday and still no support for it on premium boards namely c6h and c7h hero.
Other vendors have 1.0.0.4 since a month.
This is kinda pathetic from market leading company
Next board will be gigabyte for sure 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I would suggest making complaints to phone support or ASUS social media. This is a customer forum where we are all customers like you.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Even the boards they have released 1.0.0.4b updates for are working poorly. Turns out they forgot to test their update with any kind of PCIe cards that aren’t the GPU installed.

neotokyo
Level 7
The janitor who usually code the bioses is busy cleaning the toilets atm.

neotokyo
Level 7
https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f219/asus-rog-crosshair-vii-hero-x470-1199003-53.html#post2725...

Ich habe ASUS mal angeschrieben bezüglich 1004b

Antwort ist folgende:

vorab bedanken wir uns für Ihre Anfrage.

Nachdem die Updates für viele unserer Boards ausgerollt haben, wurde uns von verschiedenen Problemen mit diesem Update berichtet. Deshalb haben wir uns entschieden das Update für unsere Premiumboards zurückzuhalten, bis wir eine stabile BIOS Version anbieten können. Wir bitten um ihr Veständniss.

Grüße

Danke!

I think this is very much a case of "be careful what you wish for"... by now I'm virtually certain that the reason the CH7 and other updates are so conspicuously absent is that they're having an unusually difficult time getting their code into anything resembling a stable state for those boards. Given the crap that Asus has felt able to push out in the past, it must be a real sh*tshow for them to delay the release so long.

Even if they released something today there's simply no way I will trust them enough to go install it immediately. If you value your time I highly recommend waiting for feedback from some of the braver people who will install it straight away before touching your own system.