cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Hero RGB lighting very dim.

Zeroed85
Level 8
Just finished building a new machine with an XI Hero. The Aura lighting particularly on the I/O cover is so dim I can be barely see it. Pretty disappointed about this. Is my lighting faulty? Can it be easily remedied?
7 REPLIES 7

no1yak
Level 8
The lighting on XI boards are poor to say the least. So ,no it's not a fault as my board is the same . My IX Hero lights up the case cos they are a hell of a lot brighter.

no1yak wrote:
The lighting on XI boards are poor to say the least. So ,no it's not a fault as my board is the same . My IX Hero lights up the case cos they are a hell of a lot brighter.

I don't understand how the LED's can be that weak... Well this is disappointing. If I could actually see the design properly lit up it would be a nice feature. The promo images show a bright boldly lit design...

Zeroed85
Level 8

Zeroed85 wrote:
This is 10 x brighter than mine: https://www.teckknow.com/asus-maximus-xi-hero-z390-motherboard-review/11/

Yes, I can see from that photo it looks brighter but even if you RMA the board the replacement wont be any different. Loads of people have complained about the brightness of the LED's compared to earlier versions . You will just have to live with it.

LeChat
Level 8
Same problem on my Maximus XI Extreme.

Cheers!

rckrz6
Level 7
all the newer model boards are dim the lighting is pretty useless

Yep, expensive board and almost invisible ROG Logo in IO cover. My Ram completely overpowers it. Logo might as well not exist. Disappointed.