Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

ASUS Zenith II Extreme TRX40

Beutifull motherboard.
    Heatsink Cover is from Aluminum and that's very good material after copper for heatsink.
    More aluminium less carbon steel is always recommended.

Zenith II encourage enthusiasts to enter in world of Threadripper, even if they like Intel.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...th-II-Extreme/

Silver part of shield is amzing. I like that detail very much.
    My favorite combination for PC hardware is black-silver.
    Previous motherboards for Threadripper 1 and 2 are excellent, really no objections...
    but Zenith II is best moment for AMD Processors.
    Perfect board for people to switch on AMD.

Usually I spent all day looking on motherboard details before installation.
    Later when everything is inside case it's time for examination of box and rest of accessories.
    Last edited by Vlada011; 11-27-2019 at 11:37 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DooRules's Avatar

Is there a memory QVL yet for this mobo?

Been looking and cannot find it,,,thanks
    7980XE on Asus ApexVI
    Zotac 2080Ti
    Intel 900P
    2 x Samsung 950 Pro
    EVGA 1600W
    Alienware 34"
    Samsung 28" 4K

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DooRules's Avatar

All good, found it.
    7980XE on Asus ApexVI
    Zotac 2080Ti
    Intel 900P
    2 x Samsung 950 Pro
    EVGA 1600W
    Alienware 34"
    Samsung 28" 4K

ROG Enthusiast Array

I would like to know if the F4-3600C16Q-64GTZN works on this Mainboard it is neither tested by Gskill nor Asus, as it is becoming rare to come by i ordered this kit in hope that it will work well .. It is Samsung B-die 4x16GB 3600Mhz Dual rank (64GB total), but from what I've seen on the Qvl list Samsung B-die is well Supported by Amd and Asus so i hope this works. (It is certified for all Ryzen 3000 series CPU's), Threadripper 3970X is a 3000 Series Cpu and the memory controller should be identical only difference is a Quad channel controller i assume.

Can someone from Asus comment on this ? can it be tested ??

I mailed Gskill about this but they only replied with recommending me to use the Gskill Dram Configurator , i call that a useless reply as i already did that of course and it is not up to date.
    Last edited by Hivemind; 12-08-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hivemind View Post
    I would like to know if the F4-3600C16Q-64GTZN works on this Mainboard it is neither tested by Gskill nor Asus, as it is becoming rare to come by i ordered this kit in hope that it will work well .. It is Samsung B-die 4x16GB 3600Mhz Dual rank (64GB total), but from what I've seen on the Qvl list Samsung B-die is well Supported by Amd and Asus so i hope this works. (It is certified for all Ryzen 3000 series CPU's), Threadripper 3970X is a 3000 Series Cpu and the memory controller should be identical only difference is a Quad channel controller i assume.

Can someone from Asus comment on this ? can it be tested ??

I mailed Gskill about this but they only replied with recommending me to use the Gskill Dram Configurator , i call that a useless reply as i already did that of course and it is not up to date.
    Hello,

The best advice anyone can give you is that if the kit is not on the memory vendor or ASUS QVL, test it and find out. Every individual CPU is different. Memory support overall on Gen3 is solid, but some manual tuning may be required with 16GB modules at those speeds in an 8 DIMM board, due to the fact the memory kit was validated for 4 DIMM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Hello,

The best advice anyone can give you is that if the kit is not on the memory vendor or ASUS QVL, test it and find out. Every individual CPU is different. Memory support overall on Gen3 is solid, but some manual tuning may be required with 16GB modules at those speeds in an 8 DIMM board, due to the fact the memory kit was validated for 4 DIMM.
    Well got the system Running @ 3600mhz 16.16.16.36. 1T @ 1.35V, I have not benched the ** out of it but it seems to run fine @ D.o.c.p.(Soc voltage from 0.8V to 1.080V Auto setting) but what i have read from the Gskill forum it seems that not all Threadrippers cpu's can handle this setting that's why it's not on the Qvl list.. so if you want to try it you have to be a bit lucky in getting a strong Memory controller..

Maybe it is only a small batch of Threadripper cpu's that can't handle it ? i got no numbers just a hunch.
    Last edited by Hivemind; Yesterday at 03:03 PM.