cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX701 - GPU temperature problem

Jaroslaw_0
Level 8
Hey,

My processor overheated reached 95 degrees after a few seconds of maximum load. I decided to replace the thermal grease (Arctic MX4) with a CPU and GPU. Now the temperature on the CPU does not exceed 85 degrees [Prime 95, Furmark - CPU Load 100%, GPU Load 100%]. But I'm worried about the GPU temperature - RTX2060, which during a long maximum load reaches 82 degrees. Is not it too much? It is normal temperature? Room temperature 23 degrees. Armory Crate profile: "Perfomance"

Thanks and regards
1 REPLY 1

Super_Gnome
Level 11
When are you getting these heat levels? I used to have heat issues in game, but now simply limit my FPS and adjust in game settings. This is the chief way to limit your temperatures. There are other ways to keep your heat levels in check, too. You need to keep dust from building up. I use a paper clip to keep the fans from spinning and blast air through my laptops with a leaf blower. Be careful to keep the fans from spinning if you do this though, or if use a vacuum cleaner. Passively spinning fans can generate static and this can damage your components.

Other things you can do include using a cooling pad when gaming or even strapping a little cooler to your outlet vent to pull the hot air out.

Good luck and keep us posted. 😄