cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix 450-F setting to disable power to USB ports at pc shutdown?

JohnGalt
Level 7
I think at one time I may have stumbled onto what I thought was a setting to turn off USB ports at pc shutdown....I have a 7 port external USB hub plugged into one of the USB 3.0 ports on the mobo and it's full of a bunch of stuff...lighted keyboard, external drive, printer,etc,etc,etc....I'd like for it to power all that stuff off , but it stays on when I shut the pc down. Anyone know where that setting is in the BIOS to disable power to the USB ports at pc shutdown?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

ROGStrixGL12CX
Level 8
JohnGalt wrote:
I think at one time I may have stumbled onto what I thought was a setting to turn off USB ports at pc shutdown....I have a 7 port external USB hub plugged into one of the USB 3.0 ports on the mobo and it's full of a bunch of stuff...lighted keyboard, external drive, printer,etc,etc,etc....I'd like for it to power all that stuff off , but it stays on when I shut the pc down. Anyone know where that setting is in the BIOS to disable power to the USB ports at pc shutdown?

Thanks

open command prompt as administrator and type "shutdown /s /f /t 0" without quotes

or press shift while shutting down using Win 10 GUI

Win 10 is using hybrid shutdown as default

ROGStrixGL12CX wrote:
open command prompt as administrator and type "shutdown /s /f /t 0" without quotes

or press shift while shutting down using Win 10 GUI

Win 10 is using hybrid shutdown as default

thank you, I'll give that a go

JohnGalt wrote:
thank you, I'll give that a go

you may also disable fast startup if you dont want to use the command prompt every shutdown 🙂

that will disable the hybrid shutdown and power off your usb ports with the computer turned off.