cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix GL703 GE Fan Problem (Almost Fixed!)

hanytadross
Level 7
I had this model for 2 months now. I had the fan problem shared in this forum many times. The GPU fan always works full speed even when the laptop is idle!
What I do is using "Furmark ROG Edition x64" just when I start the laptop and use GPU stress test for 2 or 3 minutes. It increases the GPU temperature to reach around 65 degree Celsius. Weirdly, the fan speed drops gradually till it stops and the laptop acts perfectly afterwards.
I do not have an explanation but thought to share my experience as it may helps others.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Although rare, Furmark can potentially cause serious damage to your system. It puts some unrealistic loads on the GPU, specially the VRMs. Use with caution.

hanytadross
Level 7
Thanks for your note. I only use Furmark for couple of minutes. Do you think this short period can cause unrealistic loads on the GPU that may harm it?
Thanks

hanytadross wrote:
Thanks for your note. I only use Furmark for couple of minutes. Do you think this short period can cause unrealistic loads on the GPU that may harm it?
Thanks

For short periods like that, not really. I would use something like Superposition benchmark.