cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not post

shortdavie
Level 7
Hi am having a problem. I have an Intel CPU LGA2011 and a Maximus Extreme motherboard, yesterday it had gone off, I assumed it was a power cut we get lots of those, but when I rebooted the system today it came with a message saying CPU Cooler fan was not running. I had a Corsair H100i V2 and it appears pump stopped working. I replaced it with a large Thermaltake CPU and rebooted, it was fine. I then switched off and put computer back in its place, reconnected everything and rebooted and it would not post or anything, gives me code 53. I went on forum and found a thread that says it is stuck in a reboot loop, disconnect power clear CMOS leave for 20 minutes then try again. I tried this and nothing, another said press MemOK button to reload ram, I tried this and it just comes up with 53 and will not go any further. Won't load bios or anything just a dead screen as computer has not gone past its post. Am now scratching my head, I even took ram out and cleaned it to see if that would help but nothing. I can't understand it, it was fine when I put it all back together just since moving it the damn thing will not run. Any ideas, please as this is stumping me
1 REPLY 1

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Check the mounting of the new cooler....maybe remount....ayart from scratch...could be CPU is being displaced in socket.

Also check all other connections and make sure board is not contacting anything.