cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus N82 freezing screen gpu issue

cloudx0
Level 7
Hi guys, sorry this is not a ROB laptop, but itsa a pretty fast tweaked machine..and im IT so i hope you all understand.

The issue, my n82jq-x1 randomly freezes at anytime while playing any game. Sometimes while browsing or just sitting there.
Specs: i7 processor, 8gb ram, 1g nvidia 335m GT,

Problem: It freezes randomly. Sometimes after several hours, sometimes every 5 minutes. Makes no sense.
troubleshooting done: updated to latest nvidia graphics driver (feb 12, 20112) updated bios ver. 209, changed 3d settings from quality to performance, downloaded asus tweak and adjusted gpu freq, confirmed on cpupid and gpu-z no over heating. it WAS overheating until i replaced the charger, now it runs cool at 63 degrees under hq gaming. Replaced ram with 8gb ddr3.
Replacing the charger actually worked flawlessly for a day and a half. Then it started refreezing for no reason at all. Never overheats now that the charger is replaced.
CPU -58c to 63c
gpu - 58c to 63c

Event viewer shows error: event id 17 pci express has recovered from an error. whea logger.
error - cpu core speed is being limited by firmware.

All i can think to do now is do a gpu repaste. But i cant see why..im not overheating,..will it help? I really dont know, im more of a software then hardware guy.

It doesnt BSOD, GSOD, or any other color. It just deep freezes, locks up the sound card and has to be rebooted.

I'm completely out of ideas guys...please help. If nothing else.. ill just RMA for hardware failure.
1 REPLY 1

Pitcher1
Level 9
Hi, did you sent to RC to check and Replace it?