Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

I am curious, I read all the pots of sidelong, and if it is new your notebook is rare that happens. Why do i say so? I have a G752VSK since 2017, and a few days ago the same thing happened to me, the fans started to go crazy, for this the screen was black when it turned on and only restarted, I spent about 2 days like this; I do not remember, but only today everything was fixed, since I was able to remove the SSD and start the recovery of problems through a USB with windows.

Note: I let the battery run out, I left as I almost day without using the notebook, and I could do that with peace of mind, maybe it was a bug of Bios, some program or update, so far I do not know what happened but it was fixed.

New ROGer Array

Additional info, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tor_Spo View Post
    do you understand it's possibly a bad
    BATCH! BATCH = those 2000 laptops that they made in one months time and those laptops are being sold around the world and the problems manifests because of the BAD BATCH
    this bad patch has had BAD connectors that asus have bought from another company that makes those connectors / fans. (bad batch)

did this make this crystal clear for you now?

and if the connection IS BAD you need to go to your BIOS and see if the RPM THERE IS CHANGING, if it is 0 or crazy number like 547654
    (cpu fan only can be seen there)
    if the problem is with GPU fan you need to check it with software in your operating system.

please focus.

Hi Tor_Spo and all other ROG comrades out there,

What grabbed my attention here is that you talk about the crazy number. I check with ROG Gaming center and my CPU temp is normal but my GPU temp shows to be -32768 degrees C (we all know it is not possible). But what does it mean? Why is it such a crazy number.

INTERESTING:
    It is funny that my fans spin like crazy when the laptop is idle (not doing anything special with it) but when I turn on a game (PES 19, GTA 5, F1 2018, or some other game that would heat up your laptop) it switches off in the beginning (like it senses that the temperature is still normal) and then after some play time it starts to spin again but not at 7200 RPM. I mean that when I start a game the fans start spinning as expected (slowly increasing speed with playtime when it becomes warmer).

Looking forward to your feedback

New ROGer Array PowerPein PC Specs
    PowerPein PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GS
    MotherboardASUS Rog Scar II
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)Kingstone hyperx 2X16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Geforce GTX 1070
    Sound CardRealtek/ USB Roccet Juke
    Monitor1080P 144 Hz
    Storage #1Toshiba SSD PCIe
    Storage #2Toshiba SATA III 2 TB
    Power Supplyoriginal
    Keyboard USB ASUS strix tactic pro
    Mouse TRUST gaming mouse
    Headset Sonic G910 7.1 vibration
    Headset/Speakers Genius GX 3000 2.1
    OS Win 10 Enterpise
    Network RouterASUS RT AC 1200 G

Quote Originally Posted by arnaudov94 View Post
    Hi Tor_Spo and all other ROG comrades out there,

What grabbed my attention here is that you talk about the crazy number. I check with ROG Gaming center and my CPU temp is normal but my GPU temp shows to be -32768 degrees C (we all know it is not possible). But what does it mean? Why is it such a crazy number.

INTERESTING:
    It is funny that my fans spin like crazy when the laptop is idle (not doing anything special with it) but when I turn on a game (PES 19, GTA 5, F1 2018, or some other game that would heat up your laptop) it switches off in the beginning (like it senses that the temperature is still normal) and then after some play time it starts to spin again but not at 7200 RPM. I mean that when I start a game the fans start spinning as expected (slowly increasing speed with playtime when it becomes warmer).

Looking forward to your feedback
    GPU thermal sensor not working or you used special quantum thermal pad My tips on fan's speed: electro-static. My laptop's fan high speed working after 5-10 sec on power up. Idle mode after 3-4 hours working normal speed. But: I started stability test (on aida64 can, full stresses CPU, FPU, cache, GPU), and windows setting full power mode. I waited on PCH diode temp up on 50°C ( and GPU 70 °C) and stopping test. Waited 1-2 mins and fan's normal speed working on full day.
    I used liquid metal thermal "paste", and duct tape used on fixed fans connect. GPU's fan connect can you find under on SSD. Idiot ASUS team.... The warranty sticker used on SSD fixing srcew...

And need this driver installed: DPTF_Intel_CFL_W10_64_V84105016067

Tips: can writed °. Press hold ALT GR and press ohne time "5" key (not numpad) and write C or F or etc...

ROG Member Array

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPein View Post
    GPU thermal sensor not working or you used special quantum thermal pad My tips on fan's speed: electro-static. My laptop's fan high speed working after 5-10 sec on power up. Idle mode after 3-4 hours working normal speed. But: I started stability test (on aida64 can, full stresses CPU, FPU, cache, GPU), and windows setting full power mode. I waited on PCH diode temp up on 50°C ( and GPU 70 °C) and stopping test. Waited 1-2 mins and fan's normal speed working on full day.
    I used liquid metal thermal "paste", and duct tape used on fixed fans connect. GPU's fan connect can you find under on SSD. Idiot ASUS team.... The warranty sticker used on SSD fixing srcew...

And need this driver installed: DPTF_Intel_CFL_W10_64_V84105016067

Tips: can writed °. Press hold ALT GR and press ohne time "5" key (not numpad) and write C or F or etc...
    Hi PowerPein! Can you post photos of how you put in the duct tap on the CPU fan connectors? Your tips helped but it seems fan issues are back on mine, but less often and a bit quieter than before.

This issue is annoying. I've been considering shifting to other gaming laptops because of the poor quality control

New ROGer Array PowerPein PC Specs
    PowerPein PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GS
    MotherboardASUS Rog Scar II
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)Kingstone hyperx 2X16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Geforce GTX 1070
    Sound CardRealtek/ USB Roccet Juke
    Monitor1080P 144 Hz
    Storage #1Toshiba SSD PCIe
    Storage #2Toshiba SATA III 2 TB
    Power Supplyoriginal
    Keyboard USB ASUS strix tactic pro
    Mouse TRUST gaming mouse
    Headset Sonic G910 7.1 vibration
    Headset/Speakers Genius GX 3000 2.1
    OS Win 10 Enterpise
    Network RouterASUS RT AC 1200 G

Quote Originally Posted by anon852 View Post
    Hi PowerPein! Can you post photos of how you put in the duct tap on the CPU fan connectors? Your tips helped but it seems fan issues are back on mine, but less often and a bit quieter than before.

This issue is annoying. I've been considering shifting to other gaming laptops because of the poor quality control
    Yes, sure: read this topic: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-a-while/page3
    Scroll to the bottom of the page. I writed and sended this topic on pohoto, how to find GPU connector and CPU connector.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3