cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged USB 3.0 pin.

Zeroed85
Level 8
Two pins on my new XI Hero's USB 3.0 connector were either bent or the cases USB 3.0 plug was faulty and bent them. Upon trying to straighten them one simply broke off. I believe the pin might be pin 10, the ID pin. Is this an over voltage protection pin or the pin for USB on the go (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go)? What should I expect to not be working? If it is an over voltage protection that no longer works then that concerns me.

3 REPLIES 3

Zeroed85
Level 8
The manual for the XI Hero says this is actually a ground pin...

xeromist
The specification for pin 10 is ID, not ground. It's an industry standard connector. I'm not sure what all ID does but I've read that if it's missing you will only get USB 2.0 speed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
The specification for pin 10 is ID, not ground. It's an industry standard connector. I'm not sure what all ID does but I've read that if it's missing you will only get USB 2.0 speed.

Well if I could be certain what that pin does I can decide whether it's worth the hassle of seeing whether the board can be replaced. Does anyone know?