cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightingservice takes 40% cpu usage

Taede
Level 7
The lightingservice is really messing my PC up, after a reboot, it takes between 20-40 CPU usage, while nothing else is running. This causes issues like video and audio not being synchronized while watching YouTube. Disabling the lightingservice fixes this issue immediately. I am using Aura through the ARMOURY CRATE. I've uninstalled the normal Aura app to try and fix the problem, but nothing changed.

The lightingservice shouldn't take up 40% of my CPU right? Does anyone know a fix for this? The system is working flawlessly otherwise.

Few specs:
Strix Z390-E
i7 7900k 4.8GHz overclock (because it didn't boost on its own ? )
Strix RTX 2070 super
32GB 3200MHz ram
Windows is running on a 512GB m.2 SSD
3 REPLIES 3

LordSabathan
Level 9
Its usually caused by some RGB product.I have it on my corsair rgb ram and happens to me as well.I dont find fix for this but have workarround ..So rule number 1 .... never use Armory crate for lightning profile-I dont know whats wrong with this program but always cause me to have cpu ussage from lightning services.So just install the aura and apply the settings from there and its all fine .. just toggle some other profile and switch back to your original and should be fine (at least for me work) ..

try to change the lightning effect i face this problem when using other effect it takes up cpu usage a lot now it takes only 0.1%

Taint3dBulge
Level 9
If you have all your RBG set to a fixed color you wont have any cpu usage. It seems its when the colors are changing and flashing and whatnot. So when i saw this problem i just put my color to static red withno blinking or anything.