cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motherboard is consuming the space available in my solid state drive.

ColisJL77
Level 7
Hello guys !

this is my computer components:

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Lga 2011 Intel X79
Procesor: Intel Core i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 6-Core 3.6GHz (Turbo 4GHz) LGA 2011 130W BX80633i74960X
Graphic card: Asus NVIDIA® GeForce gtx titan 6gb gddr5 gtxtitan-6gd5
SSD: Corsair Neutron Series GTX 2.5" 120GB SATA III
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 48GB (6 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Power supply: CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

and this is the problem that I have

Today I formatted my computer installing as operating system windows 10

After it finished installed and before I start to install the basic programs I noticed that the space in my solid state drive was almost full showing me 95 Gb in use and 16 Gb available.

At the beginning I was thinking that the problem was in the SSD, so I tried with a different SDD But the problem still showing.

So my next step was to check the memory ram .

took off all the memory ram from the computer and I only installed one module (8gb) I turned on the computer and check the SSD and this time the space used was 20.7 GB .

In the first picture is a 500gb HDD because I try with a different hard drive but the problem is the same.

again turn off the computer and installed one more module for a total of 16Gb then I turn on the computer to check the space in the SSD and I found that every time I add more memory ram the space avalible of the solid state drive it consume.

When I add all the memory ram (48GB . 6x8gb) the space used is 95 Gb.

I already set default setting on my motherboard and the bios is updated already. the problem still

any suggentions?
1 REPLY 1

Kelutrel
Level 11
It may be your paging file, its size depends from how much memory you have, so the more memory you have and the bigger that file will be.
To change it:
Navigate to Settings->System->About->System Info->Advanced System Settings->Performance Settings->Advanced->Virtual Memory Change
Uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives"
Select "No paging file"
Click Ok->Ok->Ok->Ok...
Reboot and check if it is still using too much hard drive space.