Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

I have the same problem with a Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ SE (and an AMD R9 3900X). It's obviously not a GPU / monitor problem but I tested the card and the monitor with an older ECS motherboard (and an Intel CPU) without problems.

I've also tried every possible setting in the BIOS, without success. The issue is quite probably a firmware one, only a BIOS patch can help.

New ROGer Array

I found a solution of sorts: I set the DisplayPort mode to "AV" instead of "PC" in monitor settings, when I need to change BIOS settings.

I believe the boot procedure initializes the display but leaves it blank long enough for it to go to sleep. In "AV" mode, the monitor goes to sleep after a longer delay, enough for the boot logo to appear.

ROG Junior Member Array

experiencing the same exact problem with my rog x570-e . white vga light on / display port not syncing fast enough for the pc to detect that theres a monitor connected at the other end. if you have any leads or fix please let me know. that bright white light is irritating.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by XXAD View Post
    display port not syncing fast enough for the pc to detect that theres a monitor connected at the other end
    It's the opposite as I explained. The monitor turns off too fast after losing signal.

New ROGer Array

Hello friend, I had the same problem. I tried everything and still had white light if I did not turn on the screen before ...
    I even phoned asus to see if they knew about this error ...

Well today checking the bios I realized that CSM had it disabled, so by discarding I enabled it and voila problem solved!

Try friend and tell us ... apparently asus leaves that option disabled on some of its boards and some of its consequences is the failure of the white light.

regards!

ps: sorry, my english i use google

New ROGer Array

Solved it for me

Thank you very much for sharing! This solved it for me as well. Using ROG-STRIX-Z490-G-GAMING-WI-FI with STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING

Quote Originally Posted by ROGod View Post
    [UPDATE]

ASUS support got back to me, and they were very helpful.

It turned out my 1080ti graphics card required an DisplayPort (GOP) update.
    This is so it will work correctly with the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) set to disabled.

In my case the update came directly from Nvidia: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers...fi-update-x64/
    *But I would certainly check with your graphics card manufacturer first to see if they have their own update.

After running this update I can now report everything is now displaying fine when using DisplayPort v1.4.

Attachment 83741

- Hopefully this information will help someone else out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2