cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing my Asus rtx 2080 super, i am getting error at boot....

Daytrader
Level 11
I am getting error at start up, access violation at address 05b557a5 in module vender.dll read of address 667FF9B4, and i think this is because of my old Ai Suite i have installed, got this after i installed my new asus rtx 2080 super gpu, and the Asus Gpu Tweak 2 software, but my Ai suite is from back in 2017, and i see no new version since then, any help please, thx
9 REPLIES 9

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you installed fresh graphics driver?...maybe DDU and then install latest

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Have you installed fresh graphics driver?...maybe DDU and then install latest

First, thx for taking the time to reply to me, well i did install a new 2080 super gpu, and the gerforce exsperience for the first time, and new drivers, and all installed correctly, and installed asus gpu tweak 2, i think its something to do with that, that is messing with the old asus ai suite, but i cant find a new ai suite for my motherboard, only a 2016 version.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Maybe uninstall AI suite? do you need it particularly?...maybe uninstall Geforce experience?...maybe uninstall the lot and just go with GPU driver and afterburner;)

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Maybe uninstall AI suite? do you need it particularly?...maybe uninstall Geforce experience?...maybe uninstall the lot and just go with GPU driver and afterburner;)

Yeh, i have thought about that, just a shame there aint a new version of ai suite, i do use it for fan profiles.

XYchromosone
Level 10
you haven't said what version of AI Suite you have installed

Daytrader
Level 11
At work at moment, but was installed in 2015.

XYchromosone
Level 10
there is definitely updated AI Suit since 2015. If your mobo webpage at ASUS drivers support page does not have it you can grab it from another model. I'll link the AI suite from my ASUS Maximus XI Extreme AI Suite III v3.00.52 dated 2019/08/27:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/AISuite3_3.00.52_EzUpdate_3.00.11_...

and the previous version V3.00.51 dated 2019/04/12 is here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_EXTREME/AISuite3_4.zip

Not sure why the first link points to socketAM4 crosshair VI Hero where as the second links points to my actual mobo model, but it goes to show the same software is used on a wide range of OC mobos. Good Luck [Lucky is a name of a Greek god so i might say good Greek god lucky to you lol :]

BigJohnny
Level 13
Do yourself a favor and can AI suite right first off. Junk at best. Nothing it can do that cant be done in the BIOS and the BIOS doesnt screw up. It also leaves behind oprphan files so uninstall it, delete the folders associtated with it then run Cclenaer to get rid of registry entries.

When you change a GPU best this is run DDU in safe mode then select the shut down option and select dont allow windows ti=o automatically install drivers. Should have new one waiting either way. Run the DDU, it shuts down. Kill power then install your new GPU, put power back on boot and install new drivers and leave AI sute in the trash where it belongs. Again, nothing it can do that cant be done in the BIOS.

Daytrader
Level 11
Ok, thx for the replys, i will take a look, i thought you had to use the ai suite from my motherboards download page, did not think i could use any other motherboards ai suite, i did read tho, even some of the latest ai suite was still causing the error, and you had to use a modfied file or summat like that, thx anyway.