Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter1988 View Post
    I dont think VRM is overheating. THe performance drop starts even below 65 degrees many times.
    VRM and die temperatures are totally different things.

The PCH temperature in HWinfo is showing 70 degrees at full load. Is that the same?
    That's the chipset temperature. It's unrelated. The only way to measure VRM temperature is by using external methods (thermal camera, thermocouple).

Abnormal VRM temperature is our best guess so far, based on what you showed us.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    That's the chipset temperature. It's unrelated. The only way to measure VRM temperature is by using external methods (thermal camera, thermocouple).

Abnormal VRM temperature is our best guess so far, based on what you showed us.
    This was my first gaming laptop and i hate gaming laptops now. They are so problematic . I hate Asus too for making these things and not providing solutions.
    I will build a powerful gaming desktop instead.

This was my first gaming laptop and i hate gaming laptops now. They are so problematic . I hate Asus too for making these things and not providing solutions.
    I will build a powerful gaming desktop instead.
    It should be working fine out of the box. Gaming laptops can be loud and run hot, but they work fine. If your laptop is still under warranty, send it back.
    If you don't need to carry your computer around with you, a desktop would no doubt be a better choice but they can be just as problematic. Just like everything else, it needs care and maintenance once and a while.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    It should be working fine out of the box. Gaming laptops can be loud and run hot, but they work fine. If your laptop is still under warranty, send it back.
    If you don't need to carry your computer around with you, a desktop would no doubt be a better choice but they can be just as problematic. Just like everything else, it needs care and maintenance once and a while.
    +1

and mr. Dexter1988
    why would you channel your "hate" (you mean frustration) towards hardware? we have provided you simple instructions how your laptop will be usable again.
    it's 90% probability it's the vrm. all the symptoms indicates towards it.

relax , fix your machine after that chill with your games

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tor_Spo View Post
    +1

and mr. Dexter1988
    why would you channel your "hate" (you mean frustration) towards hardware? we have provided you simple instructions how your laptop will be usable again.
    it's 90% probability it's the vrm. all the symptoms indicates towards it.

relax , fix your machine after that chill with your games
    How to Find VRM in asus laptop and hot to put thermal pad in it. Any guide?

New ROGer Array

How to Find VRM in asus laptop and hot to put thermal pad in it. Any guide?
    cmon
    there is gpu and cpu
    gpu mems (pad these)
    and VRM's you know what they are if you check where your heat sink is supposed make contact on your motherboard.
    I got best results using 0.5mm pads, depends on the model do you need 0.5mm or 1.0mm pads)

New ROGer Array

GL503GE working fine now

I dont know I installed ASUS generic drivers 416.16 and everything is working fine now.. I dont know the reason how that happened.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3