cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPPORT LIVE CHAT - Invalid Serial Number for ROG Rampage VI Encore Motherboard

Jahmen
Level 7
I had some basic questions about my new Motherboard. Like where does the 2nd M.2 SSD go? and what slot do I put the ASUS 2080 Ti Graphics Card into if I have 2 M.2 SSDs?
Filled out the information screen with Product Line: Motherboard: Problem Type: Technical, First Name: James, Last Name: Mine, Email: Mine, Phone Number: Cell, Serial Number: K9MCKCO*******F, Your Inquiry: M.2 set up. Country: USA

Then I get a pop-up screen telling me.

Irc-am.asus.com says
Please enter a valid Serial Number if you want to chat with our agent for technical support on your unit.

Okay, so I copied the serial number right off of the box it came in. Triple checked the Letters & Numbers to make certain I'd got them all in right and sure enough, I had them all right. Never the less, I kept getting an invalid number screen.
What's up with that? How can my Serial Number be wrong? Don't they update their system with their own Serial Numbers?

Really disappointing after spending $750.00 on their Motherboard.

I CALLED ASUS SUPPORT TO REPORT THE PROBLEM: I gave the agent the Serial Number I had on the box:

He said it didn't work. I said I know and that was why I was calling.
What we discovered is that the (zeros) look like the Letter O when next to the other Letters in the serial number sequence.
So, I'm putting in the Letter "O" and it's a Zero. Evidently there are no letter O in their serial numbers?

OKAY I can Own This One, MY BAD!
Go do crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here!
1 REPLY 1

Rob_W_
Level 12
Jahmen wrote:
I had some basic questions about my new Motherboard. Like where does the 2nd M.2 SSD go? and what slot do I put the ASUS 2080 Ti Graphics Card into if I have 2 M.2 SSDs?
Filled out the information screen with Product Line: Motherboard: Problem Type: Technical, First Name: James, Last Name: Mine, Email: Mine, Phone Number: Cell, Serial Number: K9MCKCO*******F, Your Inquiry: M.2 set up. Country: USA

Then I get a pop-up screen telling me.

Irc-am.asus.com says
Please enter a valid Serial Number if you want to chat with our agent for technical support on your unit.

Okay, so I copied the serial number right off of the box it came in. Triple checked the Letters & Numbers to make certain I'd got them all in right and sure enough, I had them all right. Never the less, I kept getting an invalid number screen.
What's up with that? How can my Serial Number be wrong? Don't they update their system with their own Serial Numbers?

Really disappointing after spending $750.00 on their Motherboard.

I had a similar problem when my * R6E went in for repair, they said I had sent the wrong board because it was not the right serial number ( even though it was clear on the board!
I think it is to do with where the board came from originally, poorly maintained Sn monitoring system?
Does it not give you the info you want in the manual? Or download the manual from ASUs.*