cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Voltage

Ragtop
Level 7
Have a asus maximus hero x1 wifi motherboard with a 8086k cpu.BIOS setting are to default optimized.Use core temp and it shows ivn vid voltage going up as high as 1.45 volts.Is that normal to be that high ?
3 REPLIES 3

Ragtop
Level 7
Anybody out there.I thought this was a forum.Any other places to get info about asus motherboards ?

Ragtop wrote:
Anybody out there.I thought this was a forum.Any other places to get info about asus motherboards ?

Happy new year !
May calm be a virtue in your future endeavours.

Please check your "vcore" and forget "vid".

Vid is just a number that the chip wants to run at by default.
vcore is what it really runs at.

My Vid i never checked. It is only the proposed vcore for a given multiplier that has been backed on the chip .

1.45 vid means that you are far better off configuring the chip yourself.
Mine runs at 1.26 manual vcore with LLC5.
It can run 1.24 with LLC6 but that generates more heat on air.

btw:
This IS a proper Forum. But since you ask a question that has been answered every year many times over for the past few years you cannot demand an answer quickly since you clearly are too lazy to use the search function in this forum sir.

Carlyle2020 wrote:
Happy new year !
May calm be a virtue in your future endeavours.

Please check your "vcore" and forget "vid".

Vid is just a number that the chip wants to run at by default.
vcore is what it really runs at.

My Vid i never checked. It is only the proposed vcore for a given multiplier that has been backed on the chip .

1.45 vid means that you are far better off configuring the chip yourself.
Mine runs at 1.26 manual vcore with LLC5.
It can run 1.24 with LLC6 but that generates more heat on air.

btw:
This IS a proper Forum. But since you ask a question that has been answered every year many times over for the past few years you cannot demand an answer quickly since you clearly are too lazy to use the search function in this forum sir.

Thanks for reply.Didnt demand a answer quickly.Orginally posted on Dec 10 with zero replies.Happy New Year